Chapter Three: The Chasedown.

Now I remember. Annabel broke me and William up with some plan. Some trick, I don't remember how it all went down but the memories came flooding back, texting William in anger which led to our breakup's untimely demise, realizing the sad truth and wanting to get back together with him. It was all her fault. 

But I couldn't do anything about it. 

It got me thinking, why had she come anyways? Did she like my band or something? Or did she come here just to taunt me? 

My band members looked at me, smiling. I nodded back to them and we walked on stage. 

"Hey Lancing Tennessee!"

Cheers of approval came from the audience, as usual. 

"Who's ready to rock the hell out of this place?!" 

The crowd started cheering, but then some doors flew open and people in black t-shirts came in with the letters "TK" on their shirts. My band members looked at me in shock  and I just looked back at them. Screams came from the audience as we heard loud popping. 

Guns.

I ran backstage and tried to get out when a few men cornered me, I ran through them, back onstage, almost out of breath. I pulled out my phone and started to call 911, when I tripped over a cord and fell backwards. I got up while they came closer.

I jumped off of the stage and straight into the audience, making my way for the ladder that led to the top balcony. I had nowhere else to run. I started climbing the ladder and pulled out my phone again but one of the men grabbed my stiletto and pulled it off, causing me to drop my phone. 

Dang it.

I continued climbing the ladder, kicking off my other stiletto so they couldn't use it to hold me down. Once I got to the top I found my stuff for the landing in "pretty privilege", a parachute I could use to get down, perfect.

 They couldn't catch me fast enough so I tried to run to the end fast to buy myself some time. I was out of breath when I heard them coming up behind me. I turned around and punched both of them straight in the face, but one of them grabbed my ankle and I tripped over myself, falling down. 

I quickly stood up and jumped off the balcony, landing sloppily on the stage. I stood up to see what had happened and there was a popping sound, a blinding light, then everything went black. 

I woke up in the hospital, the nurse hovering over me. 

"Cupid, you had quite the scare. You're all bruised up."

I looked at myself, I was wearing a hospital gown and had bandages wrapped around me almost everywhere, I felt like a mess. 

"Tessa!" Ivy exclaimed, "You're all right! I was so worried!!"

I sat up in the bed, it was sunny outside so I must've slept through the night."

"How are my band members? Did anyone else get hurt? Oh and Ivy you'll never believe who I saw-"

The nurse interrupted me. 

"You've been out for two days, your band members are fine. I'll be admitting your medication."

Ivy looked at me, eager to hear what I had to say

"I saw Annabel" 

Ivy gagged, "Eugh- I hate her. Why would she be at your show, and why did it just so happen to be the show you got hurt at? Something's fishy here...

She was right, why was it that the only show I had seen her at was ruined? That just didn't make sense. 

There was another knock at the door. 

"Tessa!"

Parker, another bestie of mine, ran through the door, excited. 

"I flew in to see you! Can't believe you're a rockstar now just like you always wanted!" 

I hugged Parker. I hadn't seen them since my big debut. They were busy going on vacations and stuff, the usual. 

"Hi Parker! How're your partners doing?" 

Parker smiled

"They're both at home, doing stuff without me. But hey, what about your love life? Have you married bus kid yet?"

Bus kid, gosh. I had the biggest crush on him in middle school, just like William, but he moved away. It was so sad, I cried for two nights thinking about him.

"No, but I've got someone in mind for a potential love interest." 

Ivy suddenly had a burst of excitement,

"Speaking of table kid- I mean, William, I got some dirt on him"

Me and Parker both leaned in, excited for whatever Ivy would say. 

"He's currently living in Austin and he runs a business company. He hates it there but oh well, anyways...he has tickets to three of your upcoming concerts, and...he's going to your meet and greet." 

I squealed with excitement

"Really?! Oh my lordie lord, I'll sign my number on the autograph he wants. We'll text and then we'll date again and then we'll get married." 

"But what if he doesn't like you anymore?" Parker said. 

I saddened. They were right, what if he didn't like me? It had been so many years since we dated. His sister was probably just joking around anyways. He wasn't obsessed with me like I am with him. 

"I guess you're right." 

I got to leave the hospital, and all I could think about was my meet and greet, Does he still like me? Does he remember me? All these questions were floating around in my head driving me insane! 

It was all too good to be true. 

~A/N: I meant for this chapter to be 1000 words but I decided I needed to publish it tonight. Lol. If you have any ideas for things to include please let me know because I love to hear everything. I'm thinking of making a sequel to this book when I'm done so I also want ideas for that if I decide on it.~