Chapter Four: Meet and Greet

The meet and greet place was a CD store, in Lakeline Mall, Austin. Hundreds of people lined up outside for my autograph. I sat at my table with my band members, chatting about what happened.

"Was there any action Cupid? Did shit go down?" Ezra asked

"Stop asking about it, I broke my arm." I said, scoffing.

"So you're weak? Jazz asked jokingly.

"She's not weak, you two. She got hurt but not too hurt." Charlie defended.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't need Charlie to stand up for me. I checked my watch, it was almost opening time. I organized my sharpies in rainbow order to try and make time fly by while the other three of my band members gave each other tattoos.

Typical.

The door opened and the first group came in, ecstatic. I autographed everything and shook all of their hands, I had to be very careful because whoever was after me might be here, and who else was here? William. I didn't see him but Ivy found out he had tickets, unless she was lying, but my best friend would never do that to me. Right?

More groups came in, all claiming to be our #1 fan, Also typical.

I was getting tired and it was almost time for our lunch break. I called Ivy about William and I stepped to the side.

"You sure he'll be here? Do you see him in line" I asked when she answered.

"He has tickets. I don't see him but I haven't made it to the back yet. The line is going all through the mall back to the food court, they stopped the escalator so people could wait." she quickly responded.

I hung up, annoyed. Why couldn't this day go any faster?!

I continued signing pictures, shirts, CD's, and records. It was all very boring. I took pictures with fans who requested and I followed a few of them on social media upon request. Some fans were nice but I met a few Karen's who hated my music but their kids liked it.

Outside, I spotted him.

He was too hot, and he was about to be in here! I quickly excused myself to the bathroom to make sure I looked okay, Then I walked out, he was still outside the store but when he came in I had my plan.

I'd write my number on whatever he wanted me to autograph, and if he just wanted to shake my hand or hug me I had a few extra papers. I'd use anything to give him my number. ANYTHING!!!

He walked in and we made eye contact, he walked over to my table and I almost died. He was so hot.

"Uh, thanks for coming." I said, I almost stuttered but I didn't wanna sound like a Y/N, that's just stupid.

He handed me a CD. Our latest album, cherry. I took out my sharpie to sign it and signed my name, Cupid, along with my number. 512-902-6863 I capped my sharpie and he took the CD.

After reading what I wrote, he looked at me.

"Thanks Tessa." He said with a smile.

He walked out.

I was lovestruck for the rest of the night, he knew it was me, I mean of course he did! William knew who I was still and he didn't just call me by my stage name, he used my REAL name. The one my friends know. The one that the public didn't know.

I continued signing things until 11:00 PM, when the mall closed. The people who were left waiting got free tickets and got to be put at the front of the line for the next meet and greet. I walked through the mall, avoiding everything.

William had my number. He really did. Maybe this was the beginning of a new relationship. Maybe I had good luck after all! I sat down at a food court table, the mall was closed from the outside so no one could break in, but I could leave anytime. This was the same mall me and Ivy used to have our annual shopping spree at. We went shopping every year, generally to Hot Topic and other stores we found interesting.

We still do it, just fancy places, like Japan, Dubai, and New York. The tiny Lakeline mall felt so big to us. I also used to go on dates with William here. We never shopped, just walked around the mall talking to each other. Nothing beats the good times here.

I left the mall to my limo, where someone was waiting for me.

It was Connie, and she looked mad.

"Cupid, did you see anyone in black t-shirts here?"

I sighed, of course I did.

"Majority of the people who listen to my songs are alt in style. How could I NOT see a black t-shirt?"

Connie looked at me seriously,

"You shouldn't have done this meet and greet. The people who attacked you in Lancing could strike again. You never know Cupid." Connie said.

"Please Connie, no one will attack me. I'm under high security now"

"I'm hiring some bodyguards for you. No use arguing it." She said.

Really, I wasn't going to argue anyways. It was Connie's business what she did with the band. My limo stopped at the airport and I got out to get on my jet again. On the jet I checked out my next shows, There were only a few more left before I could take a month-long break.

I entered my house through my front door, and I was greeted by no one. I walked up to my room and sat on my bed, I checked my phone for notifications but there was nothing. I called Ivy but no response, she must be busy. I plopped down on my bed and sighed. I sat up again and stared out my window. So many people loved me, yet I felt so alone.

That's when I heard a buzz from my phone and I opened the message as fast as I could, it was a text from an unknown number. The text read,

"It's William. Is this Tessa?"