Chapter Six: Exposure

How could I have been so stupid? Now I had a fiancé. Great. The fiancé was Bobby, not William like I had hoped it would always be, no no. 

Boring, disgusting, ignorant, ordinary, Bobby.  I didn't want to marry him at all, I would've just murdered him or hired a hitman or something, but that means my record label would be gone, and nobody else would give me a better deal then what I had with Travis Keaton, which was stupid, but just the way business works. 

I flopped down on my bed to cope with the depression I felt. I grabbed the remote on the side table and felt salty tears run down my face. I turned on the TV and started channel surfing. Then I came across something that made my night even worse. 

"Superstar Cupid's Number Leaked"

What? What was going on? 

I clicked on the channel and I was mortified. My number was right there, on the screen, and then I noticed my phone began to vibrate off the hook. 

I picked it up to see endless messages from unknown numbers, I started getting calls too. So many messages, I cried even more and threw the remote at the TV, breaking it. 

Damn it. 

Then I saw one number with a contact name, Connie's. 

Connie: "Cupid, what the hell? Who did you give your number to??"

I did not have time to deal with this right now. 

"We'll talk about this in the morning Connie."

I hung up on her and threw a pillow at the wall. I turned around onto my bed and screamed into another pillow, I had dozens. 

My life had gone downhill in the past two hours, first Bobby proposes to me, and I'm forced to say yes, then my number gets leaked, meaning every single one of my fans and haters can call me, worst of all, absolutely nothing had happened with William.

I just passed out on my bed from the stress, I didn't have time to deal with this right now. I'd face my problems in the morning, like a responsible adult, which I was not. 

I woke up in the morning, and it was a few minutes before I was brought back to reality. My number was leaked. I picked up my phone to feel endless buzzing and I immediately called Connie. 

"Who the hell did you give your number to?!"

"William, but he wouldn't leak it I'm sure-"

"William?! Who the hell is William and why do I care about him?! He's the one who leaked your number Cupid. Unless anyone else has it?"

I thought, Ivy would never leak my number, plus she wouldn't know how to get it on the news. Parker wouldn't either, they're pretty loyal, and I KNOW. That William didn't. The only other people who could would be my parents...or Bobby.

"It could've been Bobby." I said to Connie, anxiously

Connie laughed. 

"Bobby? Of course not. He'd never hurt you. Look I don't trust this William kid, do NOT talk to him Cupid. He's got to be the one who leaked your info. I'll try to sort this out while we change your number."

Connie hung up as soon as she was finished speaking. Would William really leak my number? I mean, I haven't talked to him in years, he could've changed...no. He wouldn't do that. Right?

I just buried my face into my pillow and tried to forget about it. I opened my phone and continued blocking numbers who texted me as fans, but then one message in particular came in. 

"See? I know everything. I'm the one who leaked your number and stole the show. I run this party now Cupid...or should I say...Tessa? That's right, I know your real name. I know more about you then most people do. If you can get yourself to Esterházy in Fertőd, Hungary by midnight tonight, maybe I won't harm you - TK"

I wasn't falling for that, no way was I going to HUNGARY to get them to stop throwing shit around about me. It's not like they could leak my real name to the press anyways, the news stations have been ordered to keep all that under wraps. They used my number to their advantage but they didn't have anything else, the only things that could be exposed were my social security number, IP address and credit card number. What else could they do to me?

I started to think about the name "TK", what could it stand for?! Maybe...The Killer? No, too basic. Table Kid? No, no one knew about that except Ivy, and she'd never do this to me. Never. Right?

Then the question wouldn't leave my mind, what the hell did "TK" stand for? The only other time I used it was for "Travis Keaton", but why would my own record company go against me? "TK" would also be my initials when I married Bobby, ick.

Whatever situation I had in my head was probably way too big, the name "TK" might not even stand for anything at all, I may just be going crazy over this question.

A few hours later, Connie called me letting me know she had my new number in place, so people stopped calling me. She said she had already let everyone in my contacts know of my new number.  At least this drama was over. I felt my phone buzz, a text from Ivy maybe?

"Hi."

I stared at the number, it was the area code for Austin. I texted back of course. 

"hi, who is this? i got my number changed so i don't know"

"It's William. Can we talk?"

~A/N: Sorry it took a while for this chapter to come out, I've been having intense writer's block and wrote most of it but didn't know how to continue and all that. Thank you to everyone who reads this especially cupid_ii, she inspires me to make every chapter (also because she's the one who bothers me about it) I think because of her, I might actually finish a book! (which is one of my dreams) I might not be envisioning a Tessa x William fanfic but at least it can be one story with a proper ending~