Chapter Ten: "TK"

I saw what Bobby had posted. Yikes. The writing was too jumbled and too long. It contained all kinds of nasty slurs, and fake drama. Bobby had gotten some backlash, claiming his statements weren't true. At least no one believed him. 

"What's wrong?" William asked me. 

"Oh, just Bobby, he uh...posted about me."

William just sat there. 

"Uh well...are you in danger?"He asked. 

"No- I don't think so. I don't know." I said, I was a bit confused. I didn't know what Bobby was going to do, or if he was going to do anything at all. William got up from the table. 

"Let me know if you need help. I'm always here, okay?" 

I nodded, and I could feel my face heating up. It was like I was back in 7th grade, having a major crush on him. 

I felt my phone buzz. Connie. I hadn't talked to her in weeks, she must have something important to say. 

"Cupid! Where the hell are you?! Why did you run away from your wedding? I need answers! The band is worried." 

"I'm with a friend, and I don't love Bobby so why the fuck should I marry him?!" I hung up on her. Some people could be a bit rude sometimes. 

I wondered where William was, because I wanted to spend time with him. So I wandered the house. Not much to see. Just a normal house, nothing like my mansions. I reached into the pocket of William's hoodie, which I was still wearing. 

I found something in there. 

My CD, his autographed CD. The one I signed. Way back before Bobby ruined my life. I sat down on his couch admired the packaging, it was so weird seeing my own merch outside of a store. William came downstairs. 

"Hey, so...I was going to get some stuff from the store. Do you want anything?" He said, taking the CD from my hands. 

"Yeah, root beer." I said, smiling. 

He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I started heating up.

"Oh! Sorry that was instinct I guess, from dating you-"

"Yeah. It's uh fine. I uh...kinda liked it." I just stared down awkwardly at my hands. 

"Oh...okay." 

William left the house and I leaned back on the couch, ecstatic. He kissed me! Sure it was on the cheek, and sure he didn't mean to, but nevertheless it still happened! I squealed. I passed out from excitement. I woke up hours later, expecting William to be back. Unfortunately he wasn't, but he sent me a few texts. He said there was traffic. I was a bit bored. 

I stood up and walked around the house. While walking around, I heard the doorbell ring. Naturally, I answered it. After all no one knew it was me. 

The person at the door was just a salesman. I faced him, and was about to slam the door when I felt a sharp prick in the back of my neck. Great. 

I awoke to see a dingy basement, with the words "TK" written all over the walls. It seemed like some kind of place a cult would gather, and it reminded me of the backrooms. I looked down at myself, I was wearing William's hoodie, but I noticed the tie on my pajama pants wasn't tied. That meant they took off my clothes. 

Sick bastards. 

I was also hanging from the ceiling, my hands and ankles tied. I had tape over my mouth, and I felt extra dizzy. 

So I guess I was being kidnapped? How would I be saved? Would I ever get out of here? Would I even live? I had so many questions, but they all couldn't be answered. 

 I heard voices in a nearby room. 

"So Mr. Keaton, what should we do with her?" 

Keaton...like...Then I heard something I didn't expect

Bobby.

"Yeah, we'll keep her here. She could be used for good money anyways." 

Bobby sounded so...evil. It was kind of surprising. I heard a door swing open and saw some men come in, with Bobby. 

"Tessa. You left our wedding. Huh?" 

I would've screamed at him, but the I couldn't get the tape off if I tried. 

"Too bad I never loved you. You running away made it a lot easier."

Bobby suddenly had this wicked demeanor. It was getting to me a bit. 

"You see, the guy you loved, hurt my father's business." 

I was surprised, it was never about me? Or was it?

"William, his name is? You see, him and my father have gotten into rather heated arguments. William had the original idea for one of my dad's services. So when my dad produced it things got out of hand, and ever since people learned about that, they stopped giving my dad business." 

So it was never about me. 

"You were just a pawn in my game, I'd date you, then hold you for ransom to kill William. If you had cooperated at the wedding maybe I'd have spared you, but now I think it's too late...sweetie." 

Bobby clapped twice, and two men got out bats. 

"TK was just my way of trying to get rid of you early, stands for "Travis Keaton." my beloved father. Clever huh? You never thought it would be me?

Bobby snapped and walked away. The two men came forward, and started beating my legs with the bats. They seemed to be hitting me as hard as they could, and it didn't stop. I felt like I had been hanging here for hours, just the whacking sound of the weapons hitting me. I started crying a bit. 

I didn't want this. Not for me, or William. Not for anyone. I started to regret meeting William. Maybe he wouldn't be involved with this. It was too late. Way too late. In just a matter of weeks I had ruined my life. I was afraid I'd never get the old one back. I was trapped. 

Being hit with bats for an eternity. 

I was trapped in this dingy basement until I was dead.