Chapter 67 (Turning Talk Into Action is What We Do)

~Kita~
"Kota! What the hell are you doing up here?! I'm sure everyone's worried about you!"

"You've got him? You, a puny little girl, and him, a budding hero, are gonna protect the boy? This is perfect though! Midoriya, right? You're a high priority on our kill list. So, show me some blood!" Muscle man threw a punch, but seemed to quit halfway through. "Better ask, since we do have a job to do. Where are the kids named Kita and Bakugo?" Both broccoli's and my eyes shot wide open. "You don't know? That's fine!"

I did my best to block Kota's view of the man about to beat the shit out of my classmate. (Wait a minute...!) "Hold up, you fugly bastard! I made a vow, that I would be the one to beat broccoli useless! So, you touch him and I'll fucking break you!" Kota's body tensed in my arms. (I know this is a pretty big long shot, but...) I threw my head back and arms out, then I screamed. Loud. But to my surprise, I received three howls in response.

"Kota, stay back. My dogs will be here soon enough." I retrieved my bat from where it landed after hitting muscles in the head.

"Two on one, that's not very fair." I ran at him and prepared to jump, but at the last second slid under him. I pulled back and swung against his lower back. "You're going to get hurt swinging that toy around."

"No effect?" I guarded my stomach as he kicked me into the side of the mountain. "Shit!"

"You had the boy and Midoriya was going to protect you both? Neither of you can even protect yourself!" Snarling and snapping barks could be heard fast approaching. Nevada jumped over the side of the mountain as broccoli had done. She latched onto his arm, her teeth intertwining with the muscles. "Argh!" Spartacus and Renegade appeared just after their sister. "Dumb mutt!" He shook his arm to get Nevada off, but it wasn't working.

"Release and watch the citizen!" I pointed weakly to Kota and she whined but obeyed me.

"Water hose... my mom... and... dad... Did you torture them like this... when you killed them...?"

"Whoa... seriously? You're their kid? This must be fate or something." The man dropped broccoli and began approaching Kota. "They're the pair that gave me this glass eye."

"You villains always make bad things happen!"

"You brats sure know how to pass the blame. I don't really hold a grudge against 'em because of my eye. I killed 'em like I wanted. We did our best and had to deal with the results. But what's bad, is when you can't put your money where your mouth is... Like your dear mommy and daddy!"

"It doesn't matter whether we can or can't beat you, because..." Broccoli wedged his arm into the muscles "HEROES STAKE THEIR LIVES!! TURNING TALK INTO ACTION IS WHAT WE DO!!"