chapter 7

Of course your nap would have to wait with raichi yelling when he got in the room.

"I'm gonna say it! I think having isagi as our center forward was a mistake!" He started. "NEXT GAME I'LL BE AT THE VERY TOP THE LINEUP!"

"No way! Me! Isagi sucked, but I'd be an ace as center forward!" Naruhaya exclaimed.

"SHUT IT SMALL FRY!" Raichi yelled. Isagi had his hand on you making you look at him when he gave you a shake of his head knowing you were about to yell.

You just blinked at him but you did what he asked which was kind of weird since he know you were about to yell, which explains how he knows you well.

"Eh? Why are you all acting like that when isagi didn't even pass to?" One guy asked that you didn't know the name of.

"ENOUGH ALREADY CAN YOU ALL CUT IT OUT?!" A shirtless kuon yelled. "WERE NOT HERE TO MESS AROUND!"

'You guys could learn from your lost' you thought to yourself, 'that's what makes you stronger'

"Do you really get how dicey our situation is now?! Our team has already been saddled with a loss!" Kuon explained, well more like shouting to you but whatever.

"Nope... watcha mean?" Igaguri asked causing you to sweatdrop.

'Didn't he hear what Ego said' you thought.

"Listen, in this first selection five teams play in a round! Supposing that all the teams are about equal and manage two wins and losses, the max number of points they'll have is 6. Therefore, we shouldn't aim for those six points, but exceed that number and go for 7! Of course there may be more draws than that, but with two wins and one draw, well 7 points. Well be much more likely to make it if we reach that threshold!" Kuon explained, "that goes for every team too! Lose 2 games and they can't reach 7 points no matter what! It might not guarantee elimination, but two losses will put us in a 'dead zone' of sorts that would be beyond hard to crawl out of. So just like that, team z is on the verge of elimination. I'd we lose again, were all but finished! This isn't the time to be thinking about ourselves... if we don't focus on what we can do to win.... then it's over for us."

"That was a long speech." You said, only isagi heard you. "But he's not wrong."

Few seconds igaguri spoke up, "okay then, for you have a plan or what?"

You inwardly rolled your eyes knowing kuon doesn't have sense he gave them a pep talk. "No not yet I'm afraid."kuon replied with a sheepish tone.

"Then whatever! Thanks for the pep-talk!" Igaguri said as he raised his hand, waving goodbye.

"But if things don't change then-" kuon started.

"It's true." Kunigami interrupted him, "if it was for bachira and isagi, it would've been impossible for me to score a goal. I think that goal was a hint on how to win." He then added. "Oh, and eren amazing goal that he got us from the start."

" ARE YOU SHITTING ME YA MEAT HEAD!!" Raichi yelled, making your eyebrow twitched, "YOUR ONLY SAYING THAT CAUSE YOU WANNA GET MORE PASSES AND BE THE BEST SCORER RIGHT?! AND YOU." He pointed towards you. "YOU ONLY HELP IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME." Raichi then grabbed your caller. "THEN DIDNT HELP US OUT, YOU LAZY ASS!!"

The lockroom went silent.

You chuckled with your hair covering your eyes. "First off I only helped you guys in the beginning cause you guys were having problems." Your voice was calm not a hint of your regular lazy voice. "As to the reason I didn't help you out of the game was because I know all of you guys need to do it without me, so you could get stronger, to me." You looked him in the eye with your eyes glowing. "You guys are decent that's what I could tell."

"HUH ARE YOU SAYING YOUR BETTER THAN ALL OF US IN HERE?!?!" Raichi yelled out with a tick mark.

"Yes." You put your hand on his shoulder, "But I know who will get stronger here." You looked glanced at isagi then back to Raichi. "Now let go of me, shark teeth." You took your hand of his shoulder and removed his hand from your caller.

You walked to isagi side as your whole team watch you lean against isagi. "That took a lot of energy." You muttered.

"....This anyone think eren could be... a little I mean really scary when he gets like that?" Bachira spoke up after a while, as everybody agrees. "Still that goal was amazing, honestly i thought it was the second best goal of this match! With more of those, well win easy." You looked at bachira.

"Dude...put some pants on." You said, once you saw bachira not dressed.

"O-oh sure thing eren." Bachi spoke as he got his pants and put them on.

"YOU STUPID! A SHOT AS STRONG AS THAT IS A FLUKE! YOU CAN'T CONTROL THEM!!" Naruhaya yelled then flinch when he saw your glare.

"I mean.. ego did say this was all to compete in the world cup.. and while he mentioned world class strikers like Cristiano Ronaldo, and Messi from Cantona.. none of them have actually won a world cup.. am I right?" Chigiri started, "that said, his talk about playing soccer without foundations.. that'd probably where the hint Is..."

'He's on the right track' you thought.

"Just tell them." You mumbled to isagi who jumped slightly at you but did what you said.

You knew isagi has already figured it put so you just wanted all this talk to be over with.

"Baro scored his goal.."isagi added, "they were inspired by it and naturally chose to keep passing it to him. Because he proved that image of scoring a goal, that's why I believe they were able to become a proper team. Baros first goal destroyed that freestyle choas. He became the foundation of his team with skill alone. And after witnessing talent, their other ten members could improve their own play enormously just by following his lead. That's what we need. Our ver own foundation, an overwhelming talent to hold this team up and guide us to victory."

If you still smiled you would of smiled right now seeing isagi is on the same track as you, isagi continued, "Ego used that rule to make something clear to us, he forced us to discard our ideas of tactics and positioning. To score goals 'entirely on our own' and that our teams foundation could only come after the explosive clash between our egos. 'Soccer and the teams with it are born from a top-notch striker.' I think that was egos message for us."

"Well well! You're on the right track!" Ego's voice echo out. "Listen up you unpolished gems, the second match of the fifth stratum concluded just a few moments ago.... and team v trampled over team y with a score of eight to zero. These are the current standings...."

You looked at the screen when he popped it up, showing Team z was in fourth place, team v being in first.

You didn't borther hearing what Ego his to say, telling you to know you limits which you already know of.

'Man when can I take my nap?'

--------------------------

What's up with eren leaning on isagi and going on wanting to take a nap?

When will he show how he actually plays soccer?

~angelina~