Friends Again?

Chapter Four

(Time Skip: six months later)
You took Raph's advice and took a break from dating. You went to your interview and got the amazing job of your dream. You and April became best friends, and hang out all of the time. You took up cooking, and drawing and got good at both. You had started dating a guy you met at work. You went out on your third date and you liked him. You didn't tell the others about him but they did assume you were. Other than Raph at least. You two were becoming friends again, and he started having feelings for you. True you were bigger but you were so sweet and he wanted to give the two of you a try. If you would give him a chance. He hated what he looked like but even he had to admit. He would make a pretty good boyfriend especially compared to your exes, even with his -whole situation- that he has going on. When he got to your apartment he took a deep shaky breath. Knocking on your window he saw you running in a red dress with your hair done and makeup again.

"Hey, buddy what's up? Come on in."
R: hey, sorry I didn't mean to interrupt, going out with April?
"Nope."
R: ooh, just came back from a date?
"Going on one actually, he's going to be here in a minute."
R: oh..that's great, that's really great y/n...

You put in your earrings as you looked at him, wondering what was wrong.

"Is something wrong?"
R: no-
"He's a good guy I swear."
R: I know, I can tell.
"What do you mean you haven't met him yet."
R: no...but I can tell just by looking at you. You like him Huh?
"I do."

He smiled, his heart breaking a little bit. And you could tell that he was really upset.

"Raph..."
R: have a good night, maybe we can hang out some other time.
"Of course...see you later."
R: yeah, see yeah y/n.

He went out the window and started running as far as could and as fast as he could. He stopped when he saw the Brooklyn bridge, panting he cried and fell to his knees. Punching the ground again and again as he balled crying. He was too late. He waited too long and now his chance with you is over. The way that he looked is why he never wanted to ask you out in the first place. If he got shot down by you, the most gorgeous wonderful woman in the world. He would never recover from that, not in a million years. But he wanted to try, and take you out on a date. To try to impress you, he wanted to show you the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building, even the Brooklyn state bridge. Then maybe take you to your old building where the two of you would talk every night. He'd look at the ground as thunder and lightning started roaring through the sky as it started to pour. Hearing your laughter he went to the edge of the building. Seeing you and he runs to the alleyway and covered you with his jacket.

Guy: you ok sweetheart?
"(Nods/giggles) yeah I'm ok, it's just a little rain, I'm just worried about my makeup isn't waterproof."
Guy: you're beautiful even without your makeup.

He kissed you on the lips, sharing a romantic first kiss, and Raph's heart shattered. He looked like a good guy and you looked, so happy. Happier than you've ever been with him. He was stupid to think you'd ever want to be with him. You wanted someone normal. Not someone like him. He went home and moped to his room. He was happy for you. Even if he wasn't the one who could make you happy. The others saw him walk in soaking wet making them worried as he went to his room and slammed the door shut. He had to accept this. It was the only thing he could do.

R: 'I just hope he knows he's a lucky son of a bitch to have her...'

He looked in his shattered mirror, looking at himself as more tears ran down his face. He punch it and the glass fell to the ground. Laying in bed as he cried and thought about you.

(Time Skip: the year 2020)
It took Raph some time to get used to it, but seeing you so happy he was able to move on eventually. But when he did you and your boyfriend broke up. He wasn't ready for commitment and you wanted one. You didn't get out of bed and they all grew really worried. He didn't know if it would help. But he wanted to make sure you were ok. So he went to your apartment seeing you in bed eating ice cream by the bucket.