Chapter 5

Warning: long chapter

Narrator's p.o.v

Misha swiftly turned on the sofa, not realizing she was already on the edge of its seat cushion when suddenly, she felt the gravity pulling her towards the ground and that's when her eyes shot wide open in the air.

Thud!!

The strong bump of the floor hit her hard right on the butt and she woke up groaning in pain. Rubbing it to ease the pain, she humbled herself with the blanket and dug more into its burrow to hide herself from seeing anyone in this condition.

This is such an embarrassment to start your day with a fall.

Slowly, she peeks into the room back. Under the blanket's veil, eyes undoubtedly trailing to the bed area as she was terrified to see the only creature in the world watching her fall like this. But to her luck, the human she thought would be terrifyingly embarrassed to see her in this condition was nowhere to be seen in the room.

Misha sighed in relief before coming out from the blanket and placing it neatly on the sofa. She then moved toward her bag and picking up some clothes, she went to the shower to get ready for the day.

It was a little messy as she was making things haste but the final results weren't unconfident. Dressed in a regular attire of a shirt and pants, Misha looked pretty enough to start for today. Setting her hair in a low ponytail and giving herself one last look in the mirror, she decided to go downstairs to greet the family.

It wouldn't be a lie if you say she wasn't feeling nervous today. Or rather a little weird but what's even weirder was the dead silence meeting her presence when she reached up the living hall.

The lights in the hall were off, a few curtains were off from the windows letting the sunlight enter into the mansion but most of them were still undone, a little unsteady. They weren't matching the energy when she walked down here yesterday.

Where is everyone? Misha thought to herself.

She was still unfamiliar with the family routines, she didn't know at what time everyone used to come and have breakfast as it was already 8 am. But she had expected to meet everyone here, or maybe by the table chattering with everyone like a happy healthy morning routine, but there was no one, not even in the dining area until she finally heard noises coming from the kitchen.

Oh mother could be there. She thought.

Misha walked slowly towards the kitchen, hoping to see anyone familiar but there were only the maids working tirelessly to prepare the breakfast for the family.

They didn't see her standing by the doorframe and her eyes trail over the people in search of finding her mother-in-law when suddenly, a hand grabbed her shoulder immensely and a scream reluctantly left her mouth, startling everyone as they almost jumped on their stances by the high pitch sound.

She immediately covered her mouth with both hands and swirled, only to find Niharika standing there with a little widened eyes, looking shocked and startled at the same time with her.

"Bhabhi, I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout."

"It's okay Misha, I didn't thought you would get scared." Niharika smiled doubtfully, trying to calm herself down. "What were you doing here by the way?"

Misha let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding. "I was looking for mother. And you just came from behind... I couldn't hear you approaching."

The elder just chuckled in response and went inside the kitchen followed by Misha. "The way you were peeking, I thought you were on some secret mission to steal something from the kitchen."