Chapter 24

"Once he will find home in you, he will bring the world to your feet. Trust me, he will do it. He has the power to do it."

Misha woke up with a loud gasp, sitting on the sofa straight while panicking. She looked around herself and relaxed a bit, realising it was a dream.

Her eyes fell low upon the realisation, thinking she might have drank a lot with Shubh last night that his words were still roaming inside her brain.

Shrugging her thoughts, she stood up from the sofa and went inside the bathroom to freshen up.

It felt like a new start with a new day, a different her from her past self.

For the past few days Misha has been in a dilemma with the divorce thing, but last night helped her a lot in thinking clearly. Now she has a reason why this person always seems so tough. Though it didn't satisfy the things he's done, she at least got a brief description about her husband that he would never let anyone know about, even in his dreams.

After taking a shower she started getting ready for the office in the room, alone. She wore a set of white pants with a pale pink shirt tied within her pants. A belt around her waist and a few accessories in her hand were complimenting her looks. She gave herself a last glance before packing her handbag and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Although Ishaan wasn't in the room, he has been precisely on time for everything these days. Misha quickly completed her breakfast with the other three members of the family, and set off to the office with Ishaan in his car.

Her mood was comparatively calmer, literally without anything rushing in her mind today. She fixed her eyes outside the window, watching the big tall buildings passing by.

Like usual, the person sitting beside didn't speak a word, until necessary. It has always been a mix of awkward and suffocating ride to the office except today, Misha was much noiseless with her answers.

Soon, their parting spot came and Ishaan parked the car near the stop for Misha to go on her own now. She stepped out of the vehicle without complaining a word and headed straight towards the company, focusing on the path only.

Ishaan's eyes traced her movements until she disappeared after a turn. He started his car and drove to the company while crossing her in the middle, unfazed.

Misha saw his car from the corner of her eyes and her heart twisted with weird emotions, seeing it passing by and entering the premises, as if it was nothing. Which was true. To her, sometimes it was her own homely husband with whom she shares the closest relationship but sometimes, he's the COO and she's nobody there.

She never wanted the attention as a wife of a COO, she couldn't even brace that thought of this. But secretly she hoped, if they could just be good friends.

Imagining all this was futile now. The only thing that was built and left between them over the time was- misunderstandings. False implications that cannot be cleared, it's been too late to step back now. Not when it is her own self who proposed for the divorce.

Following the path from behind to the company, they both reached the office at different times as planned and the day started with daily formalities and tasks.

The only new thing today was that Misha was talking more with her friends than the previous days, where she had barely spoken a word to anyone. Her friends were sure amazed but they drop to mention it since it's for good. Who knows, a word of remark might revoke a healed wound in her.

They sat silently and focused on their work until lunch. Like usual, Natasha was excessively furious with the slow output from her team for the whole week, hence, the chances of the employees getting off early were dim today.