Chapter 3: Elemental Circle

Quite a while had passed, and the BlazeClan cats, now out of the Healing Cove, were all talking to the tribe cats and answering their questions.

Currently, Goslingpaw was settled in the clearing with Hickory and both were talking about her life before coming to the tribe.

Slatepaw and Stonepaw had scampered off earlier after Shrike prompted a game of mossball with her and Trickle. Depthpaw was watching Split show off her flame abilities and Softpaw was sharing tongues with Dew.

"Your sister is a massive drama queen," Hickory suddenly whispered to Goslingpaw.

The she-cat turned and saw Swanpaw fake-sob that Flurry was bullying her and that she had stolen the moss nest she wanted.

All of a sudden, one of the older Titanpaws that was chasing after her heart, Lionpaw, declared that he'd deal with Flurry himself.

Goslingpaw and Hickory watched as Lionpaw stalked up to the sleeping she-cat in the den, and anxiety sunk in Goslingpaw's belly like tidal waves at the thought of what the Titanpaw would do to the stubborn Tribe she-cat.

"Relax," Hickory muttered. "Flurry's a formidable fighter."

"Hey!" Lionpaw shouted. Flurry jumped and glared at the Titanpaw in annoyance. "You again. What now?!"

With a pang, Goslingpaw remembered that Lionpaw had tried picking a fight with Flurry earlier, only he hadn't gone any further because the Atmo/Pyro mix had ignored him.

"How dare you pick on Swanpaw?! Give her back the nest right now!" Lionpaw roared.

Flurry's neck fur bristled and she snarled, "That stupid white lump of cotton? Tell her to get a life! I've been sleeping in this nest since I became a trainee!"

"GET OUT!" Roared Lionpaw, his fur bristling up to make him look bigger and far more of a threat than he really was.

However, Flurry didn't take things too kindly and screeched back, "DON'T TELL ME TO GET OUT OF MY OWN TERRITORY!"

And with that, she lunged at the Titanpaw. Soon they became a mass of gold, white and orange fur as claws and teeth clashed together.

Hickory shook his head and sighed, "Your fellow apprentice thinks brute force and strength is the ultimate way to end his enemies but it's not how you stop Flurry."

Goslingpaw nodded in agreement as she watched the orange brindled white she-cat swiftly dodge every one of Lionpaw's clumsy blows and land at least three more on him instead.

Things got even worse when Lionpaw's mentor, Cragshade, stormed over and pulled both of them apart. He stood over his bleeding apprentice, and Goslingpaw winced when she saw all the bloody scars Flurry had scored on Lionpaw's body.

Hickory leaned over and muttered, "He's lucky she didn't use her elements on him. He'd be burned alive within seconds due to how powerful her abilities are!"

Cragshade glared at Flurry and shouted, "How dare you hurt my apprentice! You're going to pay for this!" Flurry bravely stood her ground and shouted back, "You don't order me around, fish-brain! You're not my mentor!"

"What cheek! Who is this insolent scum's mentor?! Come out now and I'll shred you to bits!" Cragshade screeched, his gaze scanning all the tribe cats in the vicinity.

Gasps rose from all the tribe cats at what he said. "He's dead meat," Hickory sighed. "How so?" Goslingpaw whispered back.

Suddenly, a voice mewed, "I am Flurry's mentor. Who going to shred me to bits?"