Chapter 20: Destination Reached

Though the memory of grief was still fresh in the Tribe cats' minds, there was another event that they needed to carry out, and that was the crowning of Wren Whisper.

Wren Whisper had said she didn't mind delaying her crowning if it meant the tribe could mourn the loss of two great leaders first, but Foxglove Heart and the Elemental Circle had insisted.

Now, she was hidden in the Leaders' Cave, grooming her fur and trying to make herself look as presentable as possible without appearing as anxious as she actually was.

Aldertrail and Azurestar were both there helping her, and her siblings were there as well, excitedly peppering her with questions about her new rank.

"Does that mean one of us will lead the tribe when we grow up?" Squeaked Owl, her eyes bright with amazement. Azurestar shushed his daughter gently and replied, "No, Owl. That's only if your big sister doesn't have any kits."

"Will you be too busy to play with us?" Wisp asked, looking a little sad. "Of course not," Wren Whisper replied, her eyes glimmering with amusement. "I'll always spend time with you."

She was suddenly pulled into an embrace by Aldertrail. "My brave baby girl," she whispered emotionally. "You've grown so fast. I'm so, so proud of you."

The cream and brown she-cat felt tears of gratitude prick her eyes as she leaned into the embrace. "I love you, mom. Thank you and dad for raising me all these moons."

Azurestar licked his daughter over the head and murmured, "You've made us so proud, my child. We love you so much. You will be an amazing Queen."

Wren Whisper smiled. She was so happy, so grateful that she had found a family who truly loved her and cared so much for her.

Now, it was time for her legacy to begin.

As she exited the den and approached the Dragon Tree, her fellow tribemates began gathering around. She saw the excited faces of the younger Granite brothers beaming at her, and Lynx Thistle grinning proudly.

Hyacinth Petal was smiling and clapping her paws, and Swan Creek seemed to be vibrating with clear excitement and joy for her older sister.

The Elemental Circle all gathered together at the Dragon Tree, all sitting tall and regal. As Wren Whisper sat in front of the tree, Corydalis Moon was the first to speak.

"Cats of the Tribe of The Blooming Valley, we are all gathered here today to witness the Crowning of our tribe's Crown Heir, Wren Whisper," she announced.

"Wren Whisper, you are the last remaining member of our tribe's royal bloodline. Those leaders before you have led lives of resilience, bravery and strength, leading our tribe to glory and victory in battle," Elystrin Star continued.

"To be a tribe Queen is the greatest privilege that can be bestowed upon any she-cat, and only the worthiest of the royal bloodline can be given this esteemed position," Osier Moon added.

"Wren Whisper, we have observed you for moons, and you have proven to not only be a cat with a heart of gold whose loyalty knows no bounds, you have also proven to be brave and ready to defend your tribe no matter the cost."

"So as the Elemental Circle, we ask you this," Mirage Moon meowed. "Are you ready to become the Queen of this tribe, to protect and guide your fellow tribe members till death calls your name?"

A thousand eyes seemed to be staring at her as her heart pounded harder in her chest. "I am."

"Then it is with great honour that we bestow upon you the sacred title of Queen. From this day on, you will no longer be just a crown heir or a princess. You are Queen Wren Whisper, the great leader of our tribe!" Catchweed Star yowled.