𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚘 𝚡 𝙴𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛 | 𝙷𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

Eclair loved rainy days.

He could never comprehend how someone could be so opposed to such a wonderful occurrence in nature. Sure, he could understand the inconvenience of its timing, some days: children whining about not being able to frolic around, hitting a flooded pothole on the way to work, it was all rather unfortunate. But the way the raindrops lightly pitter-pattered against the museum windows, the way the sun became fully covered by the dark clouds... it was all so dear to Eclair. Sometimes, even the pattern of the droplets connected to form a slow melody in his mind. So intensely so, that the blonde would sneak into a small room in the back that he'd quietly claimed as his own, setting up a small record player he had "borrowed" from the museum staff one night when everyone had gone home.

But the color of the sky, or the beautiful symphonies of music radiating from that back room wasn't the only reason Eclair treasured these days so much. For, when the sky began to pour, and most people would stay home, unwilling to brave the intense weather, a familiar figure made himself welcome in the entrance of the museum. Affogato, Eclair'd heard him called, had claimed to be insanely interested in the story behind each and every artifact. Often, he'd skip the front desk, having claimed to have "left his wallet at home", skipping around to each and every item with a childlike excitement in his eyes.

Unfortunately, however, the more times the guest used the excuse, he couldn't help but feel more doubtful than before. Eclair seemed to be the only to note how prominent Affogato's cheekbones were, or how tattered and frail his clothing looked. He seemed to be the only one who had taken pity upon him, and he couldn't figure out the reason as to why.

Eclair had watched this guest be escorted out a number of times. He'd even been warned to shoo him away, if he ever saw him again. But... one day, he'd had the courage to sneak him in. He, too, had a carried around with him a great hunger for knowledge in his hand. How could he deny the other what he'd been seeking for so long? It would be monstrous to do such a thing!

It did not take long for Affogato's visits to occur as frequently as mother nature's. In fact, the more time passed on, the more Eclair grew familiar with the other's marvelous company. He may not have had much to his name - as a new employee, his salary was not exactly the greatest - but it only made his efforts to surprise Affogato with gifts and treats more meaningful. Deserts, he learned rather quickly, were the other's favorite gift. He tended to lean more towards chocolate flavors, but he wasn't exactly picky, when it came to that sort of thing.

Affogato may have had nowhere else to go, but it became evident enough to him that there was nowhere else he'd rather be.

---

"...and that, Affogato, concludes the magnificent tale of the Trojan Horse!" Eclair wrapped up his story. He had gotten into the habit of telling them quite often, now that he had finally found someone to tell them to. If you asked him to, he would recall the course of all written history and legends. Sometimes, you didn't even have to ask. He may have gone off on a countless number of tangents with them, but his passion and expression often made up for that. Never once had he told one in a monotone voice.

Affogato stared up at Eclair lovingly, his heart beating at what felt like a million miles an hour. His time spent with Eclair was what he treasured most, in the entire world... why, he could talk about paint drying, or grass growing, and he would still be invested! He wasn't sure how he did it. It was a bit magical, he had to admit.

He loved his nerd, and that was all there was to it.

"Oh, that was such a wonderful story, Eclair. I think - no, this story is my favorite so far!" Affogato stood up from his seat, walking over to Eclair and dramatically flailing onto him. He even placed the back of his hand against his forehead, letting out a melodramatic sigh. "It's a shame, you know...? To think that it may never have happened. Such a genius plan, only to be part of a story. Not that it wasn't wonderfully told, of course... you're quite good at that." Affogato reached up his hand, placing it delicately on Eclair's arm.