𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝚅𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎𝚝 𝚡 𝚅𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 | 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝

"Come on, Chiffon, here boy; we've got ourselves a job to do."

Given specific orders from Dark Enchantress herself, Red Velvet was thrilled to yet again be trusted with patroling duties. Despite how much the others whined about doing it in his stead, the agressive man surprisingly enjoyed scouting for intruders. Not only did doing it give him a sense or pride, but reporting back to Dark Enchantress always sounded cool when he used words like "securing the perimeter".

Though Red couldn't remember the exact date of his last individual patrol, he remembered the events that occured that day extremely vividly. He couldn't forget them if he had tried; the crucial mistake he had made would always be burned into his mind.

But what had happened last time was behind him, now. If he really intended to keep everyone safe, this time, he would require a complete concentration as he made his way swiftly through the forest. Not a single sound could go unobserved. Not the snap of a branch. Not the crunch of a leaf. Not even the call of a wild bird; if he had even the slightest reason to believe another person - a non-member, that was - was lurking around in the forest, he was to let Dark Enchantress know immediately.

The general glanced down at his precious cake hound, noticing that the small dog had seemingly picked up a scent. "What is it, boy? Is there someone here?" He asked, bending down and patting the dog on the head. While Chiffon wasn't the fastest, the strongest, or even the smartest of the cake hounds, he was still an excellent tracker, and that was extremely helpful during these types of missions, Red Velvet knew.

That, and Chiffon was his favorite. He knew he wasn't supposed to have one, Dark Enchantress had warned him time and time again not to get too attached to any of them. But he just couldn't help loving the way his 'toe beans' were so tiny, or the way his tounge hung out of his mouth most of the time. The little quirks only made his love for the pup stronger.

Speaking of Chiffon, Red Velvet was sure he'd picked up something's scent, as the pup quickly darted off into the depths of the forest. The man sprinted to catch up, keeping right on the dog's heels; he would protect him with his life, if it came down to it.

Calm yourself, Red Velvet. Whatever it is that he's found, you will handle it. You are the commander of the cake hounds; if anyone is a capable figure, it is yourself.

As Chiffon finally began to come to a halt, Red Velvet became even more aware of his surroundings, though it wasn't exactly helpful at this point. He hardly even knew where he was; where was he being led to? "Chiffon... I don't see anything out here. What are you trying to tell me, boy?" He crouched down beside the small dog, getting onto his level.

Chiffon let out a small bark, his tail sticking straight out as he pointed towards a large bush. As Red listened closely, he realized that a strange noise was being emmited from within the bush. A rustling.

Red Velvet reached his metal arm back, unsheathing the sword from his back. Twisting it around in his hand, getting a tight grip on it, the man stood vigilant, closing in on the bush. "Get back, boy." Red quietly instructed the dog, motioning for him to back up with his hands. The small dog obeyed, taking a seat behind him.

Taking a deep breath, Red Velvet quickly pulled back a section of the bush, pointing his sword directly into the center of the bush.

Red's eyes widened in shock as the source of the noise was finally revealed.

Laying in front of him was what appeared to be a man, around his age, quite literally passed out. Knowing to note his most defining features - for an instance of future identification, that was, Red observed that the strange figure had half of his head shaved, the other long, red, and a hint matted. Upon further observation, the general noticed that he'd was covered in all sorts of small scratches, presumably from having taken a tumble into the bush. From a first glance, he wouldn't consider him a threat to their end goal.