𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘 𝚡 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘 | 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎

Dark Choco couldn't believe how many butterflies were fluttering around in his stomach. Had love always been like this?

It had been a month since his boyfriend, world renowned violinist, Mint Choco, had been invited to perform for a prestigious group of individuals, and Dark Choco had feared the distance would drive the two away from each other. And heaven forbid, the thought of having a long-distance relationship did not particularly appeal to him, to say the least. The two of them having to talk to each other using a screen, not having his delicate touch to console him on days where his burdens overtook him, living alone... it all just felt wrong to him. If it weren't for his giant list of responsibilities, the tall man would've gladly gone with him in a heartbeat. He didn't mind riding on planes, and he certainly didn't mind the travel. As long as he had someone to confide in, he couldn't care where he wound up.

But alas, today was the day his life returned back to its normal state, as today was the day Mint's plane was expected to land. The tall man was not only over the moon to see him, but he had stayed up that entire night crafting one of those cheesy 'welcome home' posters with the colorful letters and glitter. Sure, it had been embaressing to lug around with him all day, but people did stuff like that all the time, right? He wasn't that worried.

Besides, all he could think about was seeing that adorable little boyfriend of his again. His soft hair, his sweet smile, his occasional sassiness, his exquisite musical skills, all of those little qualities of his had made Choco only fall more head-over-heels in love with him.

Additionally, however, that meant seeing him again got that much more nerve-wracking, too. Mint was not only perfect in every way that counted, but he was internationally recognized as a star. Sometimes, he could only help but wonder if he was truly deserving of his love. All he really wanted was for Mint to be happy, regardless of who he ended up with.

The intercom above him crackled, interupting his burst of spiraling thoughts. "Flight 102 is now landing."

Flight 102, Dark Choco wondered, is Mint's flight, right? Ashamed to not have remembered the number exactly, he rifled around in his bag, desperately hoping to have remembered the note he'd left. It must have fallen out, however, as he couldn't find that paper slip anywhere. All that met his fingers were his phone and a handful of Hershey's Kisses wrappers he'd snacked on earlier. They brought him comfort; Mint had offered him one on their first date, and he hadn't forgotten it to this day.

"Dammit," the tall man groaned, standing up from his uncomfortable leather airport seat. Praying that he was remembering correctly, Choco threw his backpack over his shoulders, making the walk over to the plane exit. If his memory had failed him, that was going to be pretty awkward. Standing alone, holding up a glitter-covered sign, only for no one to join him? How pathetic.

But he couldn't think like that. He was going to see Mint. They were going to enjoy the comfort of each other's warm embrace. He was going to practice his violin solos every night, his room just close enough for Dark Choco to drift asleep to the peaceful melodies. They were going to go out to eat. They were going to do anything they wanted, now. For soon, they would have all the time in the world.

Dark Choco positioned himself in front of the exit, his face heating up as the flight attendent opened the door from the inside. Swallowing, the man could feel a lump forming in his throat. Was it getting hot in here? He thought it was getting a little hot in there.

As relieved passengers began to spill out of the tiny door, Choco quickly grabbed his sign - which he now regarded as dorky, holding it up with a nervous smile. A moment passed by and nobody had responded, or even glanced his way. Moments turned into seconds. Seconds turned into minutes. And the minutes? Oh, to him, they felt like years.

As the crowd dispersing from the tiny door began to slow, Dark Choco dropped the sign to his side, letting out a sigh of disappointment. He didn't even want to know how red his face was looking, right about now. If it was anything like it felt, he would have to guess tomato red. Or, firetruck red. Either worked.

Just as the tall man turned around, beginning to shuffle away in devastation, two hands snaked around him, covering his eyes. Two hands that he would recognize anywhere. "Hey there, you. Guess who?"

Dark Choco felt a wave of relief wash over him. Here he was, in the flesh; the oh-so perfect boyfriend of his. The man that gave him butterflies. The man that made him want to improve himself, every day. The man who helped him feel like himself. It felt... good. Real good. ".. hi, Mint." He squeaked out, dropping his sign. Choco turned around, pulling the other into a hug and burying his face into the crook of his neck.

Mint Choco blushed, running his fingers through the taller man's hair. "Oh...!" He exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. "Someone missed this, I see."

"You have... no idea." Dark Choco put it simply, grabbing his hand and giving it a squeeze.

Mint grinned from ear to ear. "You aren't the only one."

------

Word Count: 942