𝙻𝚒𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚡 𝚅𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 | 𝚅𝚎𝚗𝚝

TW // Drinking/alcohol

------

Licorice couldn't comprehend how tired his missions with the other 'minions' left him until he was seconds from passing out.

Who knew it would be so exhausting to raid an entire village in one night? Dark Enchantress definitely hadn't, that was for sure! If the young man was recalled correctly, she had even suggested that it shouldn't take more than an hour.

Clearly, though, the evil leader had forgotten just who exactly she'd entrusted this mission to. Pomegranate was the biggest perfectionist he'd ever known; if something wasn't done exactly as the woman in charge had stated, she'd make them redo everything. Red Velvet couldn't keep his cake hounds under control; every five seconds, they were turning on a member of their own team. And Dark Choco? He didn't even want to start to describe that ungreatful guy. After Pomegranate, he was the most capable of carrying out orders. However, every time he turned to look at him, the guy was moping around, having a loyalty crisis. If it wasn't for Pomegranate, constantly threatening her visions upon him, he likely would have already deserted them. Maybe, he would've gone so far as to turn them in.

Licorice wasn't exactly sure of that, though, and he wasn't going to start jumping to conclusions; that never ended well, he'd learned. The only thing he was sure of was that he needed to unwind and relax, after a guilt trip like that. It was a shame he hadn't brought his diary with him. However, it may have been for the better, as the pages were getting quite full of Pomegranate slander and childish complaints. If he had a nickel for every time he'd written the phrase 'old rags,' why, he'd be rich!

Breaking the calming silence, a tall member of the group with long black and red hair stood up from his resting place, clearing his throat. "Good job out there, everyone. I'm sure when we return with the good news, Dark Enchantress will be very pleased with the work we have done tonight."

The red-haired woman much shorter than him, Pomegranate, crossed her arms as she let out a sigh in response. These imbiciles just didn't get it, did they? "We, Red Velvet?" The woman uttered, glaring daggers at him. The two often bickered like siblings, and today was no exception. "If I remember correctly, all you did during the mission was make things harder for the rest of us. If not for your... small beasts, running around all willy-nilly, we could have distributed twice as many pomegranate seeds around the land than we did. Why, I'd estimate you spent half of that battle, running after those things like an idiot."

Sh*t, Licorice thought to himself, it's never good when Pomegranate calls the hounds 'things.' Doing his best to play mediator, the young man inserted himself between the two, pushing them away from each other with his hands. If he didn't act now, one of them was going home with a huge bruise. Which one that would be, however, was a complete mystery. "Woah, woah, woah, ladies, break it up! You guys do this after every mission, and if I'm being honest, here, I'm getting tired of it!"

Pomegranate quickly jerked her body away from Licorice's hand, giving him a disgusting look. Just being around him made her skin crawl; he was like a brother to her, and not in a good way. "Do not touch me." She hissed, pulling a small bottle of disinfectant out from her pocket and applying it.

Red Velvet did the same, adding a small smack on the back of Licorice's head. "If you ever call me a lady again, I will personally send each and every cake hound after you to devour you. You got that?"

Licorice shuddered. He knew Red wasn't just kidding around. When this guy had a grudge against you, you did everything he asked. Heck, sometimes you even prayed. "Fine, man, whatever! Can we just stop arguing for five seconds?"