𝙰𝚏𝚏𝚘𝚐𝚊𝚝𝚘 𝚡 𝙴𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚛 | 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Requested by nightrunnerthe3rd!

------

Eclair fiddled impatiently with the small pink wristband that had been given to him. How exactly was he supposed to get this on?

The blonde had been desperate to try and disguise the fact that this was his first time attending a fair, but with the way things were going, he couldn't be more obvious. Having no idea how to purchase tickets and being inable to even find the enterance in the first place were both dead giveaways!

Reluctantly, Eclair turned to Affogato, who was looking so excited that he thought the other might combust if he kept him waiting any longer. "Um- Affogato? Could you, perhaps, assist me with this wristband? Heh, I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this finicky little thing."

Affogato turned back to face Eclair, flashing him a warm smile. It was incredible, how excited he was to get into the park on such a nice night. It was just cool enough outside to be able to wear his fur-lined purple jacket, but not so cool that he would freeze to death; a perfect in between! Not to mention, the crowds at each ride were fairly small. Affogato had learned not to go on opening night, and though the wait pained him, he couldn't be more thankful that they didn't. "Hm? Oh, of course, dear. Give me your wrist, now, won't you?"

The blonde held out his wrist. Affogato tore off the thin plastic piece that prevented the end from sticking, wrapping it around the other's wrist and pressing it together. When he was sure that it was on correctly, his finger traced the other's wrist back to his palm, where he proceeded to latch onto the other's hand. "Perfect."

"Perfect." Eclair repeated, doing the same.

Affogato stood on his tiptoes, skimming the fairgrounds precisely for a couple moments. There were so many things to do, it was ridiculous! "Oh, where to start, where to start?" He mumbled, playing a small game of eenie-meenie-miney-moe in his head before settling on one of the games. "There!"

Before Eclair could even admire the view, he felt the other pulling him off towards one of the red game stands. The shorter boy sat atop one of the small stools, patting the one beside himself.

"You reserved a seat for me, did you?" Eclair joked, sliding onto the seat and steadying himself with his hands.

The booth, despite Eclair's expectation, looked fairly well maintained. Across from them were displayed five strange clown-like faces. What was the purpose of this, exactly?

"I sure did. What, do you have a complaint?" The darker skinned boy teased him back, folding his arms and giving him the pouty lip.

Eclair outstretched his arm, snaking it around Affogato's waist and pulling him closer. "No, no complaints from me."

"Good."

The carnival worker running the stand rolled her eyes, tapping her hands on the table in front of the two a few times. "It is just you two lovebirds, or is there more in your party?" The words were remarked rather bitterly; it was a good thing neither of the two seemed to care.

"It's just the two of us." The couple informed in unison before bursting out into more tiny giggles.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." Eclair chimed in, adjusting his monocle with a smile.

"Ugh, I hate this job." The worker muttered, bending down and unhooking two small water guns from the other side of the barrier. Begrudgingly, she forked them over, pointing back to the horrifying - yet, well crafted, in Eclair's opinion - clown faces.