𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚘 𝚡 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎 | 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚝

"Clearly you were lying to me earlier when you told me you were understanding this; be honest with me, Custard. Were you even listening to a single word I was saying?"

"I was listening! It's just that, um- a king has to be able to think about many different things at the same time!"

---

"Strawberry Crepe, you must pay better attention when I'm explaining these things to you!"

"Uhhh, why? I can make fully functioning wafflebots, you don't know how to make those! I'm basically already smarter than you, anyways! Who cares about some stupid triangle degree?"

---

"So, when trying to find the sin of a triangle, Poison Mushroom, we must take a look at the length of the sides. We will set up a fraction, placing the length of the opposite leg of the angle in the numerator and the length of the hypotenuse in the denom- why are there mushroom drawings all over your homework?"

"Heh, I'm just doodling the spores...! Wanna draw with me, Espresso?"

---

Espresso threw down his pencil as he stormed out of the library; he had reached his limit tonight.

In all honesty, he wasn't quite sure why he had assumed the role of tutoring middle-schoolers. He supposed, it may have been partially influenced by the fact that his sister, Latte, received so much praise for it. Besides, it was kind of hard to say no to a sibling who would quite literally pester him until he said yes. He loved his sister as much as he could, but she had the tendency to get on his nerves quite often. Sometimes, he wished he was the sibling born with such a high social battery. As much as he hated to admit to himself, getting out would do him some good.

Not to mention, he had forgotten how refusing the middle-schoolers were to learn new information. Sure, that may have been accredited to the fact that he wasn't the most eager to make new acquaintances, so he himself was the only point of reference to look at, but- the sooner they opened their ears to him, the sooner they could both leave. He had other projects to spend his night on too, not that they took into consideration.

The thought of it alone was giving him a migraine.

As he was leaving the school, a messenger notification popped up at the top of his screen.

Latte: Hi little bro! How was tutoring tonight? Did it go any better than last time?

"Speak of the devil." Espresso sighed, pulling up the keyboard.

Espresso: No. I would even go as far as to say that it was worse than last time.

As Espresso's head beginning to pound with what would soon contort into a horrible headache, he tucked his phone away in the depths of his trench coat pocket. The device continued to vibrate quietly, but his sister was just going to have to deal with it tonight. He didn't have the energy to discuss 'feelings' any time soon.

"I still have things to do tonight." Espresso reminded himself. He had to, if he was going to continue on the way he was. "I need to have my final invention revised and submitted for engineering class, I still need to review the plan Croissant sent me this afternoon... I cannot rest now."

Despite his head starting to resemble that of a drum, he repeated his mental to do list in his brain, probably ten times before he arrived back at his apartment. Trudging up the stairs? Organize design files. Walking down the hall? Brainstorm next week's submission. Inserting the small silver key into his door? Remember to text Latte back, before she worries her head off.