TEN

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Carson and Brooke decided to both do it. It would be a moment to show the united front the Sharks and Jets are putting together which would be a first. At first, Carson offered that I do it with Brooke but I really didn't feel like practicing that type of stunt and was rather pleased to dance beside Sarah. Practice didn't really last that long for us as everyone wanted to focus on Carson and Brooke being able to get the stunt down.

That night, we all sat in Carson and Ayesha's room as we pulled apart our old uniforms so that we could combine them from both teams. "Hey Ayesha, who taught you to sew?" Ruben quired, handing her a piece of the Sharks uniform.

"Martha Stewart."

I laughed at her response from my spot beside Brooke just as Penn came in with a hot press before speaking, "All right. One portable hot press."

"Nice work. Where'd you find that?" I asked, looking at the machine in curiosity that he would be able to get one in such short notice.

"Concierges can do anything all over the world. You'll see for yourselves when we win tomorrow."

Brooke and I shared a glance, smiling softly at each other before going back to our sewing.

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Today was competition day. A bit nerve-wracking if I had to admit. Our team stood together as watched a few others perform. Once it was our turn to be on the practice pad, the loud cheering threw off our captains who called us over to watch. The Prairie Dogs had certainly done better than how they started out and I noticed Carson beginning to worry.

"This is a cheer-saster." Sarah complained just as Ruben added that it was a cheer-tastrophe as well. Chelsea adding in that it was a total cheer-clipse of the sun made the other two smile proud that she was able to join in on their nonsense.

"They weren't that great." I spoke hoping it would bring some comfort, but it didn't when I noticed Ruben give me a look as if I hadn't watched the same thing he did.

"Look, no. You guys are all wrong, okay. We're still good. We just... We want the crowd to be pumped up." Carsin added, having a worried expression piled on her facial features. Brooke and I glanced at each other knowing that she was starting to panic.

Once we were done practicing our routine, we walked down the steps that would lead us towards the competition mat where we saw the Flamingos standing together and their captain who had noticed us.

"Sharks, Jets, Shets. It doesn't really matter what you call yourselves." She sassed with a smirk.

"Oh, and you call yourselves the Flaming Hoes?" I retorted as Brooke grabbed my hand looking at the captain with a smug grin. The rest of the Shets laughed but I could see that behind Carson's smile she was still panicking and if she didn't snap out of it then we'd fail. "Yeah that's a bad choice."

"Hope you've been practicing your loser facials." She said as I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, wait! I think you're on... you are so on." I fired back looking at her with a smirk before flipping her off when she opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something else.

Moving forward, we all stood together to watch the Flamingos perform and unfortunately, they were a pretty good team. "They're even better than I remembered, and they're not even cursed!" Carson exclaimed making Brooke sigh. She muttered that they would be right back before pulling my sister to the side to talk.

When they returned it was practically time for us to go out and perform so we gathered around one last time together. "All right, you guys, this is it. Just stay tight and lock out." Carson reminded before Pepper called our team to the mat.

The routine started off simple, but once it started to speed up was when the stunts piled up and the routine was coming to a close. When Brooke and Carson ended their stunt, the crowd went insane. The music soon ends and we're all looking at each other with proud and excited smiles to have been able to pull off what we did. Brooke runs to me once she's given the chance and places a peck on my cheek causing me to twirl her around as giggles start to fall out of her mouth.

Heading off the mat and standing off to the side is where the anticipation starts to kick in. "Now is a really bad time to be cursed." Sarah spoke gripping onto my forearm as I laughed at her showing distress. This was one of a few times where one would actually see her panic.

"You know what? Who cares if we're cursed? Getting cursed may have been the best thing that's ever happened to us. Without this curse, we would have never become this team." Carson responded as she turned to look at the rest of us.

"And hit a stunt that's never been done before. You can't tell me that wasn't amazing?" I added laughing just as everyone else did as well.

We soon got quiet when Vance read out third place. When he read third place, it ultimately ended up being the Prairie Dogs just as Carson looked at us again. "Look, we all gave one hundred percent and we trust each other. Who cares about some stupid trophy and world tour?"

"You do." I mentioned before looking back at Brooke ignoring Carson's smile at the two of us whispering reassurances towards each other.

Pepper then announced second place being the Flamingos making Brooke hold my hand tightly as we all somewhat knew who would win the championship in first place in the end. Pepper then brought out the final card that had the winning team on it before speaking, "So that means the winning squad that will represent the United States on a Cheer Exhibition World Tour are going to be...
the East-West Shets!"

Squealing in excitement, I didn't even realize when Brooke and I had been separated until I noticed that Ruben and Sarah were holding onto me the excitement practically flooding off of them. Soon letting go of the two, I saw Brooke waiting for me to the side so I ran towards her and decided to pulled her in for a kiss, hugging her right after as we both laughed.