EIGHT

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

Practice was a mess. The counts were wrong, motions were being made tremendously sloppy and everyone was beginning to get irritated with each other. "Hey! Ever heard of this new thing called counting? Everybody stretch now!" Brooke exclaimed annoyed with Sarah after she had bumped into her and messed up on a move.

"Brooke..." I muttered with a warn as she looked at me and huffed with a shrug.

Carson stepped up frustrated as well and turned to Brooke, "Ever heard of teamwork?"

"Shut up Carson!" Brooke turned to look at my sister who placed a hand on her hip before Ayesha stepped forward.

"Yo, watch it, cuz." Ayesha warned as everyone stopped stretching to face the three.

Brooke threw a weird look in her direction before rebutting, "Yo, stop fronting, cuz. I heard you with Chicago. You're not just an oreo, Ayesha. You double stuffed!"

Carson pulled Ayesha back as she got really close to Brooke's face, "You're wrong Brooke! My girl, she been pulling drive-bys since she was a shorty. Yo, she was drinking 40s off the nipple. So, don't be getting all up in her Kool-Aid biatch 'cause I have seen what she's done to fugly swamp donkeys like you, fo shizzle." Ayesha rapidly pulled her away as they talked.

"What the hell was that?" I muttered cringing from what I just heard. I didn't even know Carson had a vocabulary like that but Ayesha never spoke that way so it seemed weird for Carson to make it seem like she usually did.

The two came back before Ayesha spoke. "Look, you all. All this, "Girl, please" and cursing, it ain't me. I mean, it isn't me. I just did it to get your respect.  See, the real Ayesha got teased every day in junior high for being an oreo. You know, black on the outside, white on the inside. And I've been hood ratting it up ever since."

"Ooh... I see that you're whiter than me..." Sarah said making me laugh softly.

"Maybe so, but that's who I am. Just a black girl who enunciates." Ayesha confessed just as Brooke laughed to herself making her look at Brooke curiously, "Okay do you have something to say?"

"Hey, if you want respect that badly, just be a bitch, like me. Same respect, half the effort."

"Guess the bitch is out the bag." Ruben smirked waving a hand in front of my face as I pushed him away with a grin. Sarah glanced at us and nodded. "Truth out!"

"I'm a virgin." Chelsea admitted while everyone's jaw dropped in disbelief. "Technically. I just act that way so guys will like me. But it's really had being slutty all the time. I don't know how you do it Brooke."

Brooke gave her a glare before sheepish looking at me sighing unnoticeably in relief when I gave her a nod with a small smile. I hoped she wasn't embarrassed by Chelsea's words because it didn't define how I would view her.

Sarah looked around before deciding to tell her truth next. "My parents aren't bribing me to be a cheerleader. I do it because cheerleading is dark and twisted."

"Are you high?" Ruben and I asked in unison making her grin.

"No! Think about it," Sarah started making us give her a look. "We cheer for the other team's failure just as much as we cheer for our own team's victory.  That's so twisted."

"Sarah..." Ruben warned making Sarah give him a look of defeat after being caught.

"Okay, I'm a little high."

Penn slowly stood up with a shake of his head as he scoffed. "Yo, this is like confession. I'm out of here." Carson called for him to wait and as he turned around in a bit of surprise, she started to confess her own secret as well.

"I have something to confess. I'm scared, seriously. You know I act like the fearless captain who's not afraid to go for it, but in reality, going for it is my biggest fear."

"I'm so confused." Chelsea confessed towards my sister with a nod of her head as she stood beside her before correcting herself abruptly. "But don't let it stop you, I mean it happens all the time."

"Yeah. What I meant was, I just wish I could believe in myself as much as I believe in all of you."

Penn left after she finished her confession as we all took in the minute of silence for a moment. "I'm a lesbian." I admitted with a shrug and small laugh just as Ruben rubbed my arm in comfort. I didn't want to mention that I was dating Brooke because I didn't know how she felt about the whole situation, and it would be wrong of me to say something without her approval about it. Smiling softly in appreciation, I noticed Brooke give me a nod which I assume was for not telling the team about us.

"Congrats."

"I'm glad you trusted us with that."

"I'm happy for you."

Those were most of the responses shared amongst the team and I was more than relieved to see that no one felt a wrong way about it. "That just makes you so much hotter." Chelsea spoke moving to sit next to me unaware of the glare that Brooke was sending her way.

"Call her hot all you want Chels but she's dating me." Brooke smirked shrugging when everyone looked at her in either surprise or confusion. "Yeah, I mean I don't know what I identify as yet but I like Grace. Like a lot. And she likes me too, so don't get any ideas."

Laughing at her with a grin, I noticed her beginning to get uncomfortable with everyone looking at her even if they expressed their support. I nudged Ruben, who nodded and stood up. "I'm not gay. I like girls a lot." I didn't expect him to confess that and had assumed he would talk about anything else after I gestured for his help at changing the subject but I guess he did have a secret.

Looking at him with furrowed brows, I could see even Sarah glancing at him with disbelief as she spoke. "Are you serious?"

"I'm straight. You girls just assumed, so once you started changing in front of me, I couldn't stop you. And then, I was like committed." Ruben nodded in confirmation while the female members on the Sharks stared at him with unreadable expressions.

At Ruben's word, I and the rest of the female Sharks who were sitting began to stand up and cross our arms over our chest as we looked at him. Before anyone could speak, Brooke pushed Chelsea forward with a grin. "Hold up. There's no way this guy's not gay, and Chelsea will prove it."

Chelsea pulled Ruben in and kissed him before putting one of her legs up behind her. As if she was suddenly aware of what was going on, she pulled away before turning to us all and announcing that he wasn't gay. Sarah announced that he was dead before pulling me along to tackle him with the rest of the female Sharks following behind.