seven

The drive to Chan's penthouse was silent, and I was glad for it. I was in no mood to talk to the man that was my husband. Minho's car followed close behind and we arrived into an underground garage. Chan grabbed my bags, the only few that I had needed to bring. Everything else of mine had already been brought over.

"The whole building belongs to us," Chan said on the elevator. His penthouse was right at the top. "Minho's penthouse is on the floor below, and the rest of my closest members have their respective floors too,"

"Can they access ours?" I wasn't particulary keen on the idea of any one of Chan's men coming into what was going to be my new home.

"No, they used to, but now that we're married, that won't be happening. Besides, most of our business takes place a little further from this building,"

The door opened, revealing Chan's residence, and I found myself in a wide, open space. The walls were dark, and mahogany wood lined the doors. Two grey sofas sat in the middle, and the windows were floor-to-ceiling, presenting a glorious view. A staircase led up to the second floor of the house, and as I moved in further, I spotted a large kitchen and a few spare rooms. 

"Your things are in our bedroom upstairs, you can sort them out a little later,"

I glanced over at my husband, who had been watching me with interest. He continued speaking. "A maid comes once a week to clean and things like that, but other than her, and some of my men, it'll be just us,"

"Why does she only come once a week?"

Chan's expression darkened. "I don't trust many people," He said dryly. 

I nodded, turning towards the balcony that led to a garden sort of area. "Can we go outside?"

Chan opened the doors, and we stepped into the slightly cold breeze. The view was stunning, and I tried to take it all in at once. Perhaps Daegu wouldn't be so terrible.

"Will you jump?" My husband looked at me, noticing my fingers gripping the rails.

"Of course not," I answered. "I would never do that,"

"Some women do. They think it's the only way out of a marriage that may be suffocating them,"

Death was inevitable, and in our world, the mafia world, it was so much more closer. I looked down, the distance between where we stood and the ground. It would be an instant death, but jumping had never appealed to me. I would run.

"Some women do, yes," I agreed. "But I have Bitna, Chaewon and Junseo to think about. I've already left them in Seoul, I won't leave them in life,"

Chan tilted his head, as though he understood my reasoning. He placed a hand on the small of my back as we returned inside, shutting the door so that we wouldn't get cold. "I have a meeting in a few minutes, and won't be back for a while, but after that, we could explore the city,"

"Yes, that would be lovely," I smiled, and to my surprise, Chan too had a ghost of a smile on his face. 

"Changbin will keep guard, if you need anything, just go to him or message me," I gave another nod, and he seemed satisfied. "See you later," He pressed a kiss to my lips before leaving as I stood pink-faced.

My hands glided over the banister, moving upstairs into the room that Chan and I would be sharing. It was the biggest of the lot, a king-sized bed facing the enormous windows. A walk-in-wardrobe was on one side, whilst the other led into the vast en suite. The room itself was painted in dark colours.

"Nayoung?"

I spun around to face my bodyguard, his muscled arms carrying my bags, offering me a grin. "Do you want me to put these here for you?"