eleven

A few days later, Changbin and Jeongin had accompanied me on a shopping trip as I formulated my plan to go to a nightclub. Of course, neither they or Chan knew anything about that but it was worth having a go.

Changbin had scanned the room with cautious eyes, and I guaranteed that he'd most likely checked that there was a back exit.

I needed to spring the idea on my bodyguard that I could go to a nightclub, despite the fact that it wouldn't be as fun without someone else, but I hadn't exactly made many friends in Daegu. 

"Holy shit, you look like sex on legs!" Bitna whistled through the screen, admiring my outfit. A black, figure-hugging dress which was backless, something that I had bought on the shopping trip.

"Chan's going to kill every guy who even risks a look at me," A guilty smile made its way on my face.

"Oh, he will," My sister agreed. "I'd be disappointed if he didn't,"

I took a deep breath and opened the door, down the staircase. Changbin was on the sofa, polishing his knife when he glanced up and stilled. His gaze wandered over my form, and I refrained a small smirk. He had never openly stared at me.

"What d'you think?" I grinned, raising my arms and giving a twirl.

"What are you doing?" There was a hint of a strain in his voice.

"I want to go to a nightclub, Changbin, what's the best nightclub that Daegu owns?" 

My bodyguard shook his head adamently, before taking out his phone, most likely to ask Chan for permission. I couldn't believe him. Carefully, I snatched the phone out of his hand, and for a second, Changbin's eyes blazed with a sort of fury that I'd never seen before. But he controlled himself. "Nayoung, give it back,"

I slipped the phone into the neckline of the dress. "Try and get it,". There was no way that Changbin would ever try and reach to get his device, he wouldn't touch me.

"Nayoung," He muttered, eyeing the outline of his phone. "This isn't funny,"

"No it's not. I'm not a child, Changbin," I said sharply. "I'm older than you, and Chan wants you to get his permission before I go to a club. I am not his property,"

"You are Chan's," He said calmly.

I took a threatening step before him. "Unless you would like to hold me at gunpoint, I will be going to the club, regardless of whether Chan gives permission,"

Changbin's jaw tightened, and it was at that moment that I realised why he was my bodyguard. He was a trained killer. "I'll take you to the club, but we'll go to the Palais,"

...

The drive was silent and my rage only deepened when I had seen the texts Changbin had sent Chan.

N wants to go clubbing. Permission?

No.

"His nerve," I muttered beneath my breath and Changbin looked at me.

"Has Chan replied?"

"Yeah, he said to stay close at all times,"

The younger boy seemed to believe my lie and he said nothing more as we approached Daegu's famous Palais club. He parked the car in a side alley and led me around the building. A long line of attendees were waiting in line but Changbin ushered me past them.

"Hey, you bastard, there's a line!" A guy yelled and Changbin's gaze darkened.

"Go ahead," He nodded at me and I went towards the bouncer.