fifteen

Just as she was about to reply with a snarky comment, a loud shot resonnated against the walls of the mansion.

Junseo, who had been fast asleep, sprung to his feet, eyes wide, clutching Chaewon who was just as terrified. 

"Move! Get inside the- " Manseok's orders stopped as his eyes rolled backwards from the impact of the bullet, making him drop, a pool of blood surrounding his upper body. Manseok, a man who I'd known all my life, was dead.

Chaewon screamed hysterically and Jeongin leapt towards her, pushing her down onto the floor alongside my brother. Changbin grabbed me and Bitna as we too landed on the ground, a second bullet piercing the glass that led outside.

"What's going on?" My voice was trembling.

"Yakuza!" Was all my bodyguard said as he dragged the two of us into the living room towards Chaewon and Junseo who hid behind a lounge.

"My siblings - "

Changbin shoved me towards a concealed staircase which led down into the basement below, into the panic room. "Go down there, I'll bring the others,"

He went off once more and I froze on the steps when I realised that Bitna wasn't with us. How? She had come into the living room with us, where had she gone?

"Fuck," Changbin was on the phone, his eyes dark, wild, running a hand through his hair as Jeongin brought Chaewon and Junseo to us. "How many? Alright, yeah,"

He hung up before facing Jeongin and I. "There's too many on the property. We need to get you three down to the panic room and stay in there until I come and get you, okay?"

"Take them," I squeezed my sibling's shoulders. "I need to find Bitna,"

"Nayoung," Changbin hissed. "You are my responsibility, if anything happens to you-"

"And I'm prepared to take that risk. But if anything happens to Chaewon and Junseo, then I will lose it, nothing you say will change my mind, Changbin. Take them to the panic room and keep them alive," We stared at each other for a moment before he gave me a curt nod, turning to my siblings.

"Stay down and do exactly what I say,"

"You too, Jeongin," I stared at the youngest of the boys who hesitated, passing me a spare gun, before following his brother down the stairs.

I went back into the garden, my heart pounding as I took each step, drawing my eyes away from the body that belonged to Manseok. The vibration from my phone alerted me that Chan was calling and as I put it against my ear, I could hear the panic in his voice.

"Nayoung?" He tried. "Are you safe?"

"Manseok is dead," That was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

"Are you in the panic room?"

"I'm looking for Bitna,"

"What? Go back into the panic room, where's Changbin?" 

"He's taken Chaewon and Junseo into the panic room, Jeongin's with him. I have to find Bitna,"

"Nayoung," Chan's voice sounded desperate. "Nayoung, please, the Yakuza want you. I'm taking a helicopter, I'll be there in fifteen minutes,"

I froze once I caught sight of Bitna running towards me. Even if Chan managed to get here that quickly, there were still so many of them in the house. There was a chance that he wouldn't be able to fight them off.

"I have to go," I whispered, hanging up.

Bitna pushed into me at full force, her hands wrapping around me, tears streaming down her cheeks.