fourteen

It had been four days since our fight, and Chan had not spoken a word to me since the arguement in Minho's penthouse. I twisted and turned in the bed, now not used to the fact that I was alone. His arm wasn't draped over my waist, and I hated the fact that I couldn't sleep without him by my side.

The sound of the elevator reaching our level indicated Chan's arrival and I propped myself upwards, hearing deep voices. Changbin's was one of them. I slipped out of bed, pulling on a robe before quietly descending down the staircase, careful not to draw attention upon myself.

The living room wasn't lit, but the moon and the light from the surrounding buildings still gave me a clear view, and I slapped a hand round my mouth at the sight before me. 

Chan had Changbin in a chokehold, and whilst the latter was extremely strong, he was struggling in the former's grip. My husband's arms and shirt were covered in blood, and the strange darkness that I saw sometimes in his eyes was back as his gaze fell on me.

Changbin stopped struggling when he saw that it was useless. "I would never betray our family!" He managed to choke out. "If I was a traitor, then Nayoung would be in the hands of the enemy, she wouldn't be fine!"

Chan loosened his hold and my bodyguard dropped to the floor, gasping for breath. I went down the rest of the stairs, ignoring Changbin's gestures to stop. I had never seen Chan so unhinged before, not even when I had been spiked.

"Out!" He snarled towards Changbin, and when the boy moved towards the elevator, his gaze settled on me worriedly. I offered him a small smile, which I hoped reassured him that I'd be okay, but really, it was trying to convince myself.

"Chan?" I asked. My voice was quiet, but in the silence of our penthouse, it was still loud.

I approached him slowly, his eyes watching, observing. I placed a palm against his cheek, staring at the amount of blood that seemed to cover him. He wouldn't hurt me, I knew that, he promised to protect me. The darkness in his eyes was back as his lips crashed onto mine, and this time, there was no gentleness, only pure desire. His arms snaked around my form, holding my bridal style as he carried me up the stairs, our lips still in a frenzy before placing me on the bed. I bit my lip, removing myself from him in a panic. He wouldn't... surely he wouldn't?

He undid the buttons of his shirt and removed his trousers, pulling off my nightgown leaving us only in our undergarments, and the frenetic kissing continued, his lips everywhere on my skin, leaving marks of where he'd been.

"Tell me you love this as much as I do?" It wasn't an order, more of a plea to know whether I was happy.

"I love it," My breath hitched as his teeth made a mark near my collarbone.

"And yet we both couldn't let go of our egos," He scoffed, but his hands were still roaming all over me.

"I hate the fact that I love you!" I whispered as he pulled back. "I hate the fact that I will love you more than you'll ever know, and you won't be able to do the same!"

The darkness that swirled in his eyes were gone for a moment, and I cradled his face, pressing a kiss to his lips before whispering. "Now, fuck me, like you've wanted to do for the last months,"

...

I groaned as I propped myself up against the bed, before my gaze fell upon the blood stain in the middle of the bed.

We'd fucked last night, I had given him permission to do it. Heat flew to my cheeks as I tried to remember the night. It had hurt, he had been as gentle as he could be, despite the fact that he'd been - unstable.

I met his gaze where he'd been watching me with a strange look on his face.

"What did I do last night?" He asked in desperation.

My brows creased as I pushed off the duvet, revealing my form marked in so many hickeys. My hips and wrists were marked with finger-shaped bruises, and the redness between my inner thighs seemed to scream the fact that we'd had sex.

"Nayoung, please tell me. Did I..."

I cupped his face in my hands. "Everything we did, I wanted it, I wanted all of it,"

He couldn't meet my eyes. "I fucked you, and I wasn't... I..."

"What do you remember?"

He removed my hands from his face with caution, as though he didn't want to hurt me by even touching me. "Only fragments. I remember holding you, kissing you, then..."

I kissed his nose. "I wanted all of it, and you didn't hurt me. But you were different last night, you attacked Changbin,"

He finally met my eyes. "My Uncle Seungil is dead, and someone in the family is a fucking traitor,"

"What? How?"

"He was shot when he went out to dinner with his wife, and a sniper put a bullet in his head. Someone must have told whoever the fuck it was that my uncle was there. Not many people knew," He took a breath. "There's a traitor amongst us,"

...

I hadn't known Bang Seungil very well, I only knew that he was the younger brother of Chan's father and had been the man who had meticulously planned my husband's return to take back what belonged to him. He was loyal to Chan and the Daegu Crime Family and had a son and daughter. I had met him at the wedding, and whilst he was quiet, there had been something about him that made one think that there was more to him than met the eye.

The skyline was stormy, but it didn't rain and I stood alongside Chan, a sea of black watching the cermony. The permiter had been secured with Daegu soldiers and only the most important members of the Seoul Crime Family were there, including my parents and my siblings.

After the funeral, Chan had sent us all to the Bang mansion, away from where the Daegu family was beginning their own investigations into the death of a high-profile member.

The conversation at dinner was dull, with only Junseo excitedly telling me of the new knives that he'd been gifted by Father. The boy had too many knives that were not appropriate for any young child, but there was nothing I could do. Chaewon told me of the new dresses that she'd bought whilst her eyes occassionally flicked towards Jeongin in the corner.

Bitna was silent, and she didn't eat much, only a few morsals and I knew why. We would be deep in discussion when it came to the night.

After dinner, we moved to the garden, Junseo curled up beside Chaewon, fast asleep whilst she was texting on her phone, her eyes darting towards Jeongin a few times. Bitna and I sat besides each other, simply staring at the view in front of us.

"Do you want to talk?" I asked.

"What's there to talk about?"

"Look," I faced her. "When I was about to marry Chan, I was terrified, but now, we get along, and I like being with him. Maybe you'll get to like Minho, he's not all bad you know,"

Bitna glared at me incredulously. "I'm not like you, Nayoung,"

We glanced at our bodyguards who'd been stationed to keep an eye on us in the house. Manseok and Changbin were coversing with Jeongin inputting from time to time.

"I'm not telling you to be, but be honest," I lowered my voice. "If you run away, they will find you, and Minho will go after you himself, he wants you and he'll cross all the oceans if it takes that much,"