ELEVEN

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

OUTFIT INSPO. if not liked then
imagine something else
»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"Aaron called us last night. He told us that you're turning the squad over to us." Courtney was heard stating as she and Whitney each held one arm of Torrance as they brought her further into the gymnasium to stand before us all.

Whitney gave her a pout as she then added, "We just want you to know that just because you bit the big one as captain, does not mean we're gonna be super hard on you."

"Oh!" Torrance responded as she sighed in faux relief, placing a hand over her chest. I watched as Courtney smiled to Whitney when they thought she wasn't looking before rolling my eyes. I loved everyone on the team, but sometimes certain members could be a handful.

I could feel Laenor start to play with my hair as we all continued to watch the three. "We'll treat you as if you didn't screw us into the ground," Courtney stated as she pat Torrance's head.

"Everyone, Torrance is not to be harmed," Whitney warned us as if we would do something. Missy narrowed her eyes at the two from where she sat beside Nicolas who had his wrapped around her.

Les scoffed as he slumped in his seat, letting himself lay back as he leaned against me. "We've already decided on a course of action..." Courtney started before turning to Torrance, "We're gonna forego Nationals this year."

Torrance let her jaw drop at the revelation. "Everyone's already agreed to it." Courtney announced as a few of us glanced around confused.

"Uh, except us..." Missy said raising her hand as Nicolas and Jan followed along.

Les then nodded, "And us!" He raised his hand as well causing Darcy, Laenor and I to do the same as him. Courtney and Whitney looked at Darcy and I as if we betrayed her, but Darcy shrugged with a smirk and stared forward with no care as I started to mess with Les's hair.

"All of you can be replaced," Courtney shrugged letting her gaze linger on me. I scoffed and sat back so Laenor could wrap around me as I let one of my hands hold his. Missy flipped her off making her do the same with a surprised expression.

Torrance gasped, "I can't believe you guys." She then turned to the two before tilting her head to the side, "The only person who can officially resign the post of captain is the captain, and I'm not going anywhere."

"Then we'll have to overthrow you." Whitney smirked as Courtney added, "Which we will!"

Torrance shook her head in disbelief, "Enough!" She then glanced towards the rest of us, "Our whole cheering career, we've staked our reputation on being the best, the most inventive. Now we finally have a chance to be original, and most of you are just running scared."

"She's crazy!" Courtney tried to laugh until Les threw a piece of crumbled paper in her direction to get her to stop talking.

Torrance threw a look at Courtney, "I am not crazy. And I am not resigning as captain either." She then shrugged and looked at Courtney and Whitney with a sarcastic smile, "You're going to have to kill me first."

"That can be arranged," Whitney rebutted with a similar grin as I rolled my eyes.

Kasey groaned as she clenched her fists, "Shut it, Whitney! Let her talk!" Courtney and Whitney looked at her in shock but all she did was shrug causing Darcy to smile and give the girl a high five.

"Look, I know I've screwed up royally as captain, but I believe in this squad and I know that we can bounce back from this. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy." Torrance started as she looked around, "It's going to be hard work. We need a new routine, something amazing and fresh, and we've got less than three weeks until Nationals. But if we can do it, if we can pull this off, then we can really call ourselves original. Now who's with me?"

We all clapped and voiced out our comments of agreements while Torrance turned to Courtney and Whitney since they were the only ones who had been silent, "How about it, girls? It's going to be hard without you two."

Courtney rolled her eyes before muttering, "Fine."

Whitney eyed her a bit quick soon shrugging as she nodded, "Sure, whatever."

"Okay. Let's do this!" Torrance said with a smile. She then started telling us what would happen for the next three weeks, "We're going to devote every waking hour to practice, before school, in between classes and after school. Afternoon practice will have to be twice as long. We've gotta do whatever it takes to be in perfect physical shape." Jan ran a hand over his face at the idea of extra practice before laughing when Darcy poked his cheek. "And since the football team sucks no matter how hard we cheer, we'll use night games to practice, too."

"Is that it?" Les questioned as he sighed.

Torrance shook her head with a smile, "That's not all. We're gonna study other types of movement, from swing dance to interpretive dance, even mime. We'll draw inspiration from martial arts, musicals, everything. You guys know we've got the talent. We've just gotta work our asses off and trust our instincts. All of our instincts."

We looked at her oddly as she said the last three words as if she was thinking about something else before Nicolas raised his hand. "Like Les said, is that it because we never even agreed to practice today to be honest and I'm ready to go home?"

Missy hit his knee causing him to laugh before Torrance turned to him and nodded as she smiled and then said, "Yes you can go home now if you want dork."

Everyone grabbed their things and left as soon as possible so that Torrance wouldn't have a chance to change her mind and make us practice at this time.