Chapter 15 - Escape

This body of work is available exclusively on Wattpad. If you're viewing it on a different website or under a different username, it has been illegally stolen, and you may be at risk of malware. Please do not support these sites, as writing a book takes long hours of hard work and effort. Head over to Wattpad and let me, the original author, know if you encounter this situation by finding me @greenwitchwrites.

Allegra

As my mind becomes conscious, the relaxing, slow wake-up I am used to flies out the window as flashes of what happened between Niklaus and me bombard my mind. My eyes fly open, my breathing hitching as I take stock of the position I am in, my legs tangled with Niklaus', my hands wrapped around the chest my head is currently resting on.

Shit. My body stiffens as I think about what to do, this situation foreign to me.

"Calm down, I can practically hear your mind thinking," Niklaus says, his husky morning voice strumming on the chords of my vagina as they clench with desire. I mentally scold myself at the fact that, hormonally, I have turned into a sixteen-year-old teenager.

"What time is it?" I ask, cupping my mouth to shield him from any morning breath.

"It's twelve-thirty." I bolt upright, looking at Niklaus before averting my gaze, his sexy tousled hair and sculptured physique doing nothing but tempt the addict I have become.

"Are you serious? We slept most of Christmas day away," I say before other thoughts start dawning on me.

"Geez, what about everyone else? Aashiv has probably come looking for you and me. What will she think?" My hand covers my face as I think about the repercussions of what we have done.

"Firstly, who cares what anyone else thinks, and secondly, you're an adult. You can do what you want," Niklaus says, sitting up in bed and throwing the cover off his legs as he gets up. He sounds frustrated, but I can't be sure. I don't know him well enough. This makes me wonder how I landed myself in this position, to begin with, and the intimate things we did last night. This wasn't me. I don't hop into bed with hot strangers or perform fellatio on men on our second meeting.

"Why am I here Niklaus?" I ask him quietly, my eyes finally meeting his.

"Because we have a connection and an attraction to each other that we cannot explain. Not exploring it further would be foolish," he says simply. His words are surprising, the weight of them far heavier and more meaningful than the plain manner of their delivery.

"I'm gonna hop in the shower unless you want to go first?" he asks me, raking his hand through his disheveled hair, the muscles on his arm pulling my gaze as they flex at the movement.

"No, it's fine. You go first," I say, already planning my escape. I will leave once I hear the shower and get ready in my room and then hightail it outa here. I'd have to call a cab.

He hesitates, looking at me as if he wants to say something before discarding the thought and entering the en suite bathroom to his right. I wait for the shower to turn on before I quietly get up, making my escape. I tiptoe down the hall to my room, the sound of dishes in the distance confirming that people are up and about.

Once I enter my room, I take the quickest shower ever, my hair still wet and sticking to my face as I shuffle around the room, pulling clean clothes on and shoving my toiletries and sleeping items in my bag. With one quick glance around the room to confirm nothing has been left behind, I push the pull handle of my overnight bag down, opting for the quieter option of carrying it. I was supposed to be staying for a couple of days, but with Niklaus' arrangements unknown, I didn't want to risk being in the same house as him.

I like him, a lot. Which is the problem with this whole scenario. After how my previous relationship ended, I wasn't sure I could cope with another broken heart, especially considering how intensely these brief encounters with Niklaus already were. Imagine if I allowed myself to be consumed by him, something that inevitably happened whether I wanted it to or not. I couldn't love small. It was all or nothing, and that historically ended with me being broken while the other person escaped unscathed. No thank you—hard pass. Niklaus would scorch me beyond recognition. Destroy me for all others.

As I open the door, I nearly jump out of my skin when I see Raif standing in front of my door, Aashiv's adopted five-year-old son.

"Aunty Allegwa!" He shouts loudly, throwing his arms around my legs as he pronounces my name wrong. I stopped correcting him ages ago.

"Raif, my darling, how are you, sweet boy?" Leaning down, I pull him up into my arms as I position him on my hip, the other hand carrying my bag.

"Let's try and be verwy quiet," I whisper to him while I give him my best daffy duck impression.

"Okay, Aunty Allegwa," he whispers conspiratorially as he puts his chubby finger over his lips. Lips that are smeared with chocolate. It was Christmas and past lunch time so no doubt he was already into the goodies.

"Ohhh, what did Santa bring you?" I ask him as I walk quietly down the corridor, thankful for my noise-free trainers.

"A puppy!" His excitement has him shouting this out loudly, my head swiveling behind us to see if he has alerted anyone.

"A puppy? Wow, you must have been a very good boy. What are you going to name him?" I ask Raif as he looks at me with large brown eyes and a smile that wants to split his face. Fuck he is adorable. Because of him, I, on more than one occasion, thought of adopting.

"Brownie!" He says loudly again, the unoriginality and simplicity of the names young children come up with for their pets endearing. No doubt the little furball would be brown, the inspiration for the name.

By this time, I have successfully carried Raif, myself, and my bag down the staircase, memories of last night flooding me as I decide to bypass the kitchen and head toward the lounge area.

"Riaf, there you are!" Sari says, flustered as she approaches me from the direction I am heading toward.

"Mammi has been looking for you everywhere. Maam," Sari says in greeting, giving me a small smile before frowning at the small boy in my arms. "You mustn't run off like that," Sari says, holding her arms out as she takes Raif.

"Bye, Allegwa," Raif says with a smile, not the least bit fazed by Sari's scolding. I blow him a kiss, his pudgy hand flying up to grab the imaginary smooch.

"Where is everyone?" I ask Sari, her head inclining towards the lounging area outside.

"Thank you," I say to her, walking in the direction she has indicated but not before stopping and turning, her small figure nearly out of view.

"Oh, Sari, can you please arrange for a cab to fetch me and take me back home? As soon as possible." Before Sari can answer me, Aashiv appears from behind me. "No, Sari, cancel that request. Allegra is spending the week with us."

Sari disappears with Raif as I turn around, surprised when I see none other than Niklaus standing beside her.

"How did you get down here so quickly?" I ask him, glaring at Aashiv before my gaze moves over to a fresh-looking Niklaus. His joggers have been replaced with a pair of cream chinos and a white shirt, the tattoos on his arms contrasting perfectly with the material. His hair has been styled neatly, and his beard looks perfectly groomed. How has he managed to look like a runway model in less time than me while I look like a walking disaster?

"Does it matter? I see you have packed your bag. Excellent. The private jet departs in an hour," he says, leaving me gaping in shock as he turns around and walks off.

"Yay, it's going to be so much fun!" Aashiv exclaims, turning around and leaving me rooted to my spot. What the hell is going on?

Please don't forget to comment and vote!