Chapter 17 - Rosi Island

This body of work is available exclusively on Wattpad. If you're viewing it on a different website or under a different username, it has been illegally stolen, and you may be at risk of malware. Please do not support these sites, as writing a book takes long hours of hard work and effort. Head over to Wattpad and let me, the original author, know if you encounter this situation by finding me @greenwitchwrites.

Allegra

Rosi Island. A little playground for the rich. While I had heard about it, I had never seen pictures of it, though I doubt any would compare to the real thing. It was gorgeous. From the sky, it had looked lush and green, with crystal clear seas lapping the shore surrounding the island.

We landed ten minutes ago, my excitement dwarfing the nervousness I usually felt during the descent. A car was waiting for us, the driver beaming at Niklaus when he saw him. After hugging each other, he was introduced to me as Sian, a long-time friend of Niklaus who spent the majority of his time on this island, arranging parties and events for the rich and famous lucky enough to afford a spot here. Sian is charming and lightly grasps my hand, a firm kiss planted on the backside of it before he dazzles me with a gorgeous smile. While he is good-looking, my gaze wanders over to Niklaus, everyone paling in comparison.

He doesn't seem threatened by Sian, though alpha males rarely are. And that is exactly what Niklaus is.

We hop into the expensive vehicle, the top down nice as it gives me an unobscured view of the scenery as we head towards a destination unknown. A hotel, no doubt. Even with the sun setting I saw the large structure from the ariel view. Along with pools and umbrellas and a stage on the beach, with loads of people dancing in front of it.

A character trait I did not possess was spontaneity. Everything was planned and overanalyzed before actually being done. This leads me to the question, what am I doing here?

The answer is sitting adjacent to me in the passenger seat. While Niklaus chats to Sian, his eyes meet mine briefly. I can never tell what he is thinking. And from what I had read on the internet, neither could anyone else. While on the jet here, I googled him, perhaps hoping to get an insight into the man that would explain what I was doing here. What I did find was a string of women, many speculated and unconfirmed as being in a relationship with him, and all who looked nothing like me. These women were influential, actors or models, and so gorgeous that many were listed in the world's most beautiful woman category. Niklaus himself had been nominated Bachelor of the Year twice and made the world's top ten list of most good-looking men a record-breaking eight times. Eight times. I mean, how do I compete with that? In every aspect, he appeared to be out of my league.

While I am rich, he is a billionaire. Self-made, no less. He is ruthless in business, with many labeling him as 'cutthroat' when it comes to business deals and acquisitions. He has not been officially linked with a woman in the last four years, the last one alleged to have broken his heart. Though on the rare occasion, he has been spotted out with a blond woman, a goddess no less with an hourglass figure and big blue eyes. I only briefly looked at her before closing the browser, a mere photo intimidating me. Imagine if I ever saw her in real life.

Before I can ponder my reason for being here any further, the vehicle pulls into a long beach sand driveway. This is definitely not the entrance to a hotel. Confirmed when we reach the entrance to a large villa situated on the beachfront.

"Sian, we will see you later. Let me know when they arrive," Niklaus says to Sian before getting out.

"Allegra, it was nice to meet you. We will have to get better acquainted another time," Sian says to me, winking as Niklaus opens the door for me.

"Of course," I say, giving him a smile before exiting the vehicle. He seems nice enough based on the limited interaction we have had.

Sian drives off, leaving us standing there.

My nerves start rising as I realize that I am alone with Niklaus. Alone at his villa on his private island. What if something happens? How will I leave? Everything happened so quickly that only now do all these fears and anxieties come crashing down on me.

"Stop. Your brain is going into overdrive. You can leave any time. All you have to do is ask. We won't do anything that you don't want to do. All I ask is for you to have an open mind. Agreed?" Niklaus looks at me seriously and sincerely. Hoping that it is not a mistake, I choose to trust him, finally nodding my head in agreement.

"Okay. Let me show you around." Instead of going through the front door, he grabs my hand, pulling me in the direction of a path that trails along the side of the villa. A breeze is blowing white lace curtains that billow out of the windows we pass. Further along, we pass a large deck with steps leading down and onto the beach. A couple steps more, and we emerge onto the beach. The sight takes my breath away. There are palm trees littered along the pristine, perfectly white sand. The sun setting against the horizon sheds a hue across the ocean. The sparkling clear water has layers of color as the depth changes further out to sea. It is exquisite, and for the first time in years, I wish to paint this landscape. To capture each detail and color on canvas.

"This is the best view. While the villa might not be as luxurious as the hotel, the view is the finest on this island," Niklaus says, breaking the silence we have been in for the last couple of minutes.

A man walks along the beach, lighting lanterns stuck in the beach sand as he goes along. Soft lighting comes on, illuminating the deck we have just passed.

"Come," Niklaus says, tugging on my hand, which I only realize now is still firmly in his.

He leads me up the stairs of the deck, a jacuzzi tucked away under an awning to the right while deck chairs and tables litter the area to the left. The kitchen is against the wall across from the jacuzzi. The deck leads into a large room, with large comfortable sofas and a dining room table occupying the space. The sliding doors are probably never closed as the heat and humidity on the island mean any breeze coming through is appreciated.

Niklaus continues leading me further into the villa until we reach a room, my luggage already positioned close to the huge bed in the center.

"This is your room," he says, my heart skipping a beat when I realize we never discussed sleeping arrangements.

"My room is over there." He points to a similar room across from mine.

While I was grateful that he hadn't presumed that we would share the same bed, I couldn't help the unwanted disappointment that briefly flitted through my being.

"I'll leave you to freshen up. We will be dining out tonight, so find me when you are ready." He turns around and disappears, leaving me to my own devices. I survey my surroundings as I take a seat on my bed.

I was still struggling to understand why I was here. While Niklaus has been nothing but nice to me since I left Aashiv's place, we have barely spoken. Apart from the incident in the kitchen and the elevator, our connection seemed to be purely physical. Perhaps this is where he brought all the females he was sexually intimate with? Running my hand over the silky white duvet cover, I wonder how many women have slept in this bed. Did I really want to be another conquest?

Perhaps this was a favor Aashiv asked of him to get my mind off Christmas or to put an end to the dry spell I was having. That must be it. He must be taking pity on me. This seemed like a more plausible scenario than any other alternative. Happy that I finally understand, I get up. The last thing I want is to be a pity fuck. Determined to release him from any obligation he feels, I unzip my bag in preparation for tonight's dinner, where I would tell him exactly that. 

Please don't forget to comment and vote!