An Echo

Spidey silently cursed Kate as he did his best to hide in the shadows of the abandoned toy factory. A difficult feat considering his bright colour scheme. Luckily for him, all the tracksuits were idiots and were distracted by toying with Clint and Kate, forcing the two archers to ride the kiddie rides, so he managed to find a hiding spot underneath the second floor that overlooked the main area. 

Spidey was tempted to just rush in there and take them all down, but he knew better. All of the thugs were armed and Clint and Kate were tied up to the rides with black tape. Clint also needed to clear Kate's name from the Ronin suit, which was likely why he let himself get captured.

So, he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Waited.

waited...

At this point, the sun was beginning to rise, and Tracksuits were still entertaining themselves with his fellow heroes.

"You're like a pony, Hawkeye. Just keep going, and going, and going. I love it!" One of the mafia members laughed.

Clint and Kate frowned, having been done with the back and forth of their unicorn and spaceship in the first five minutes. Spidey was trying his best not to give away his location. He had been waiting for hours and this was the most entertainment he had for a long while.

"I love it, bro. Look at Hawkeye! Where's your arrows now?" Another one of the thugs teased.

"Pew, pew. Big strong Hawkeye riding pony. They should smile more. This is fun for us too, you know."

Spidey clamped his mouth shut with one hand while the other stayed stuck to the underside of the second floor. These guys were simply too much for him. He could barely contain his laughter.

The rides eventually stopped, causing the archers to let out a sigh of relief. Peter and the tracksuits didn't share their relief, all of them wanting the rife to continue.

"Again. Enrique, again, come on." One of the guys begged, most upset by the end of their little show.

"Great," Kate said, closing her eyes as the relief faded from her face.

'She looks so pretty... NO! Bad mental dialogue. Bad!'

"Go get more quarters." the man begged his friends.

Fortunately for the two, not all of the tracksuits seemed to share his love for the activity. 

"This is boring. Dmitri, let's play cards." One of the other tracksuits stated. He and the others sat down in a circle of chairs in the corner to play. They were joined by a guy who was wearing a green hoodie instead of a tracksuit and had a deep cut on his forehead.

'Noooo. Don't play cards. I'm going to be so bored if you do.' Peter silently begged them.

Not that they weren't going to be bothered by the thugs, Kate and Clint could now talk freely without having to worry about their lunch coming out instead of words.

"Seems like you're mad at me," Kate commented, "I know it doesn't look like it, but you'd be lost without me, you do realise that?"

Clint wasn't necessarily in a good mood as he simply explained, "I was about to clear your name from the suit until you decided to crash through the skylight."

Realising her mistake, Kate cringed and replied with a simple, "Oh."

"Yeah."

The awkward silence was broken by the yelling of one of the tracksuits next to her on the phone. The man slammed his fist on the table. The other tracksuits tried to calm him down, but none made an effort to come over and ask him what was wrong. He seemed to manage to get a leash on his anger anyway as he put his phone away.