Ten

A/N: Writing the end of the chapter was like magic for me. You, beautiful people, are magic too.
-CHxx

Greg

It was twelve o'clock in the afternoon when I woke up, taking a moment to appreciate the fact that it was the weekend. I looked to see if Anderson was there, but when he wasn't I realised he must've gone to see Sally. I lay in bed for a while longer, smiling about the rugby game.

I lay there for what must've been half an hour, before I got up and got dressed into jeans and a grey merino jumper. I ran a comb through my hair, humming a tune as I went. My black hair bounced back into their usual curls, looking slightly tidier than they had before.

Once I looked alright, I headed downstairs and out the door towards the eating hall/cafeteria. It was a nice day, the sky blue and the air fresh, though still containing a certain bite. Students wandered about, some lying under trees and others kicking a ball about. Every so often, someone would say hi to me, and I'd greet them back with a genuine smile. That was what I liked about Baskerville. The students were all nice. Well, to me, at least. That was the thing about being popular. I knew I had it good, and that for some others, it wasn't so great. That was why I liked to be nice to everyone.

I found Mike and the others in the cafeteria, sitting around two tables. "Greg!" Mike called out as I came in, standing up while holding his arms up in greeting.

I grinned as I walked over to the others, and clapped Mike on the back fondly. "Still buzzing about last night, Mikey!" I said as I sat down.

Mike too sat back down, flicking a full plate of food over in my direction. "Knew you'd be joining us some time soon," he winked.

"You've not poisoned it, have you?" I asked sceptically. Before Mike could reply, I saw Sally staring at me weirdly. "What?"

"Nothing, nothing," she said quickly, looking away.

"What's with her?" I asked Anderson who sat by her side, pointing my fork at the girl who still looked conflicted.

"Beats me," Anderson shrugged.

"Huh, alright."

I kept eating, and Mike hitched his wide-framed glasses higher up his nose with his forefinger. "Are you gonna come into London with us today, Greg?" He asked.

"Yeah, why not? I've nothing else on anyway."

Mike grinned. "Excellent. You can ride with me."

"What about the rest of us?" Anderson put in.

Mike scoffed. "You lot can find your own way in."

They sighed but agreed.

"Well that's then settled in't it?" I asked with a smile.

"Looks like it. Hurry up, Greggy boy, we gotta go!"

I wolfed down the rest of my food before following Mike back out. We made our way back out across the school, Anderson, Sally, and the rest not too far behind us.

********

We parked our cars at the first available car parks, and got out. I inhaled the London air appreciatively. Oh, how I loved it. I loved the huge buildings and the people that walked past - so different in so many ways. I loved the shops and the cabs that drove up the streets. I was drawn from my thoughts by Mike's chuckle, and I smiled at him sheepishly.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Absolutely. Let's go, lads."

Sally fake coughed behind me.