Chapter 12

The party was still going on and Light looked down in sadness, not speaking to anyone in the Task Force or his family as well as Misa. He sighed, thinking what to do now with his life. As the day was still going on, he saw Matsuda talking with Sayu and she smiled and giggled. He wouldn't lie, but they would make a cute couple. Even though he's 11 years older than her. Soichiro saw Light and wondered where he was. "Light, can you tell me where you were? Misa said you needed to do something and I intend to know what you were doing." He asked him, making sure he didn't self harm himself again.

"I went to look for him, Dad." Light answered, tears forming in his eyes.

"Who? L?" He said, thinking it's definitely him indeed and Light nodded, bursting into tears.

"He's gone. He actually moved away and left Japan." He sobbed, placing his hands in his face as he sobbed. Soichiro hugged Light, allowing him to cry in his arms.

"It's going to be okay, Light. Everything will be alright. I'm right here." He softly said to him, as he kept crying some more. Sachiko went to see what was going on and saw Light crying.

"What's wrong with Light, Soichiro?" She asked, upset to see her son like this.

"L is gone. He moved out of Japan and isn't coming back." Soichiro told her and she placed her hand over her mouth, shocked to hear that. He nodded and Light cried some more, thinking everything is over now. He didn't want to date anyone. He just wanted L back in his life. Just then, the door opened and someone dressed as Santa and he had an elf.

"Look guys, it's Santa! And he has an elf!" Matsuda smiled, pointing to the two men. He ran off to Santa like a child which made everyone (minus Light) laugh, including Sayu and she blushed. Light walked away and Soichiro followed him.

"Light, if you need to talk, let me or everyone else know." He said to his son and he nodded, crying some more. Matsuda told Santa that he's been a good boy this year and he wants one gift and that's a girlfriend. Sayu took his arms and kissed him passionately, telling him they can only date when she turns 21. He shook hands with her in agreement and they became each other's best friends. Light went to the stairs and sat there.

"Merry Christmas, Light. Here's your present." A deep voice said to him, handing him his present.

"I don't want it." Light said, refusing to take it. He looked at the elf and he was wearing a mask. Light didn't want to speak to anyone or see them. He just wanted this stupid holiday to be over with already as he was heartbroken right now.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" The elf asked, sitting next to him. He sat down normally, that way he wouldn't reveal who he is.

"My ex boyfriend moved out of Japan. Before that, he broke up with me and hasn't spoken or seen me in a year. I really love him and I don't want to forget about me. I sure haven't forgotten about him." He explained to the elf this.

"I see. Maybe he just wants to make sure you get better fully so he can get back together with you." He told him, holding his hands.

"I am getting better and he still doesn't want to see me. Why can't he accept that I want to be with him again?" Light sobbed, hugging the elf and knew his hair was oddly familiar. It was dark and styled like L's.

"Light, I have something to show you." The elf said, taking his hat down and removed his mask. Light wiped his eyes and saw that it was indeed L after all. His eyes widened in surprise, speechless to see that it's him.

"L, it is you!" He said, hugging him as he missed him a lot. L smiled and kissed him passionately, wiping his eyes for him. Light really thought it was a Christmas miracle this happened. Even though it's not the day itself, he still thought so.

"Light, I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I ended stuff between us. You're my boyfriend, but you are also my lover. You are my everything, my past and present. I love you forever and always. Light Yagami, will you accept this bracelet?" L said, placing his hands on his arms and took the bracelet out of his pocket. Light covered his mouth with a smile and nodded, allowing him to put it on. They kissed each other for the first time in a year and did so some more, going to a closet and did it there. Meanwhile at the party, everyone was still having fun and talking. Suddenly, the floor started shaking and screaming happened in the room.

"It's an earthquake! Protect yourselves!" Aizawa shouted as they all hid under the desks. The earthquake itself lasted for two hours and once it was over, everyone was out. They were okay mostly and the tree had tipped over. Just then, sirens were blaring in the background. Back in the janitor's closet, Light was unconscious as something in there fell and landed on his head. L kissed his hand, holding it as he waited for the ambulance to get here. Finally, it showed up and L lifted Light outside and took him to the stretcher. A paramedic checked for his vitals and other injuries he sustained.

"Sir, let me check you out. Sit here." The second one told L and he did so. He checked his arm and then his neck. He then checked his leg, seeing if he broke it or twisted it. L was fine mostly. His heart started thumping loudly but it wasn't a concern. Once that was finished, he went to see Light.

"Is my boyfriend okay?" He asked one of the paramedics anxiously, hoping he is okay and not in a lot of pain.

"He probably has a concussion, but it's only mild from what we can guess. He will need to have several tests." He told the dark haired 21 year old this. L nodded and told him and the rest of the paramedics he'll see Light later. They understood that and took him inside the ambulance, driving off. L went back to the building and ran to the main room.

"L, it is you! We've missed you!" Matsuda said as he hugged him. Everyone was happy to see him as well and greeted him, asking how he is and everything. Watari didn't say anything as he was in a Santa disguise the whole time, but hid it from the entire guests.

"L, are you okay? What's wrong?" Misa asked, surprised to see him all sad right now.

"I need to speak to Watari." He said to her and found Watari out of his Santa beard. He spoke to him quietly and the older gentleman was shocked to hear what happened to Light.

"Are you serious?" He said and he nodded. Watari then spoke to Soichiro and Sachiko about Light and immediately, they had to leave the building with L and Sayu. L stayed for a bit and told them he will meet them all in the hospital as he needed to speak to the Task Force for a moment. Later that night, Light slowly opened his eyes and woke up in a hospital bed, hooked up to an IV and saw his family there.

"Light, you're okay. How are you feeling?" Soichiro asked him. Light grimaced as the room was bright and he placed his hand on his forehead, wincing at the pain itself.

"I feel a headache..." He quietly said, closing his amber eyes.

"It's going to be alright, just a mild concussion but that's it." L told him, kissing his forehead. He smiled and held his hand. A couple of days later, it was Christmas and Light and L were kissing each other and making love. "Light, ever since we got back together, I'm asking you to move back in with me. I was an asshole for kicking you out and I promise you, I'll always love and be there for you no matter what." L said to him, circling Light's chest.

"Lawliet, I love you too. And yes, I'll definitely move back in with you. I missed you more than anyone else in the world." He kissed him, kissing him some more. They both really missed each other deeply and knew everything was getting better for them. This was the beginning.