Chapter 6

Light slowly recovered from his injuries one day, but kept still having nightmares of his rape and him nearly dead. It was all so much and he couldn't stop crying and screaming, as well as feeling angry at Kira. He ruined him and definitely left a scar there. Both mentally and physically. This was all just so hard to move on and accept. He was seen by a therapist and told to see her every Wednesday and Saturday as he was needing lots of help and support. He accepted it and she handed him her card. As Light was discharged from the hospital, he called a cab and told the diver to take him to his and L's apartment and he did so.

When Light made it there, he paid the driver and went to the building, going to his floor. Once the elevator got there, he went to the door and unlocked it. Tears started streaming down his eyes and Light went to his bed and started crying there, thinking he really is hopeless and alone. Quite sometime after crying, Light laid down in his side of the bed and stared at the ceiling. He then heard a door open and he immediately hid himself, thinking Kira was going after him.

"What a day..."'L said, yawning as he was in headquarters, speaking to the Task Force about Kira and he definitely killed Matsuda. There is no denying that at all. He sobbed again and went to his side of the bed, crying some more.

"L, are you okay?" Light softly said, shaking his shoulder softly and he looked at him, wiping his eyes. "Are you alright?" He asked him again and he nodded, going back to sleep as he was exhausted right now. The next morning, Light was still sleeping as he needed to recover some more. Meanwhile in the Shinigami realm, Kira was smiling some more and looked at his dagger.

"Kira, were you playing darts again?" Ryuk asked, wondering since he had the same dagger in his hand. He looked at it and then back at his friend.

"Of course I did. It's my lucky dagger. Can't play without this. Watch." He lied with a smile and threw the knife and it stabbed a wall of a cave.

"That's impressive!" Ryuk grinned more than ever and Kira smiled proudly. Nobody knows I killed Matsuda and now, I'm going to kill Light once again and this time, everything will be just right. I know so. He said to himself, getting his dagger from the cave.

"No!!!!" He shouted, clearly upset now. Ryuk saw the human and thought something was wrong. He saw him all angry and started crying. "My dagger is stuck forever!" He sobbed, thinking there was no way he can get it out of the wall in the cave. Kira knew if he can't use that dagger anymore, then he can't have his new world anymore either. He looked at the Death Note and screamed at it, kicking the notebook and Sidoh saw this and grabbed it very quickly, hoping Kira didn't destroy it.

"I don't want to live anymore!!!" He exclaimed, bursting into more tears and cried harder. He looked at Sidoh with tears streaming down his eyes more than ever. "Sidoh, please kill me. Just do it." He begged him.

"Are you sure? Nobody dies in the–" He said, about to tell how nobody in the Shinigami realm never die but was cut off by him.

"Just do as I say!" He sobbed, hoping for his life to end now. Kira didn't want to live anymore as everything was over now and that meant his own life will end now. Sidoh wrote down Kira's name and within 40 minutes, the human had just died. He flipped through the Death Note and saw Matsuda's name was there.

"What happened to Kira?" Rem asked, surprised to see him unconscious.

"He's tired." The second Shinigami lied and she shrugged, thinking he was a stupid and ugly human anyways. She never liked him and never will. Back to the human world, it had been a week since Matsuda died and while it's been a week, he had suddenly woken up in his casket. He saw that he was wearing his suit and tie. The same uniform he has for work.

"What's that noise?" Sayu said as the bhikkhu (basically a priest) was talking. Everyone gathered around to see what it was and Watari then opened the casket.

"What's up, people!!!" He shouted, doing peace signs as the whole temple saw him in shock.

"As a man of Buddha, I can't believe it..." Soichiro quietly said, fixing his glasses and took them off, wiping the lens from it. For a religious person, he really believed once people die, they die and never come back. But in this case, this is bizarre and so crazy. Many photos were taken as part of the news that will cover this breaking news later so.

"Matsuda, I thought you were really gone forever!" Sayu sobbed onto his arms, hugging him and cried for a long time. She stopped 30 minutes afterwards and he confronted her, assuring her that everything is okay now. If only that were true. Light hasn't came out of the apartment and refuses to go to work now. He's still deeply traumatized and in fear that Kira will come after him. Or someone else will rape him again. L has stayed with him, making sure he doesn't do anything drastic while the rest of their family and the Task Force went to the funeral. Once that was all over, everyone decided to check up on Light. They went to the apartment and the door knocked. L answered it and Light ran in fear, hiding in the bathroom.

"Light, come on out! You've been hiding for a week now!" Matsuda said, trying to get the younger Yagami's attention. He didn't tell him about him in the hospital and his death as well as his resurrection as he didn't want to bring any attention to these things now.

"Never! Not until Kira is arrested!" He shouted, tears falling from his eyes. The front door knocked again and it was Ryuk.

"Close the door, L. I have something to tell you." He said, clearly upset right now.

"What's wrong?" L asked, closing it and they went to speak in private.

"Kira is dead. Sidoh told me he wanted his name written on the Death Note and he died not long after. He might've killed himself." He explained to the world's greatest detective this and he was appalled to hear this. Yes, he wanted him dead, but not like this. Now, he is fucked. He really wanted to know if he was the one who raped Light and now, he doesn't have an answer anymore.

"Thanks for letting me know, Ryuk. I'll keep that in mind." He responded, heading back to his room as he was defeated to continuing solving this case more so than ever now. Ryuk left the human world and flew away.

"L, what happened?" Aizawa asked him and he started sobbing, going to his bed and cried there. He's never lost a case ever in all the years he's been a detective and his heart is broken as well as crushed that it happened. He couldn't bare to see himself the same way again. It was that bad for him.