Chapter 2

While Light was about to get an x-ray, he kept trembling and his eyes were flooded with tears as he wasn't comfortable with any of all this happening and him being checked, as well as getting numerous tests. They all made him cry and he couldn't stop doing so. He even was crying the whole time for the x-ray itself and was assured it will take only a moment. He was deeply traumatized and couldn't stop playing his rape in his head. Start, stop, rewind, replay. It all kept coming to him and he was crying harder than ever. Once the x-ray was over, Light was then told to go back to his room and he did so. He was being sent there from a wheelchair as he could barely move at all from the pain being agonizing. L entered the room alone not long after as Soichiro needed to go home.

"Hey, Light." He greeted him, taking a seat by his bedside. Light didn't answer him as he was still traumatized and didn't want to speak to anyone, including him. L placed his hand next to Light's shoulder and he looked at him with fear, crying harder.

"Light, it's going to be okay. I'm not hurting you." He told him, trying reassure him that it's okay. Light still was uncomfortable and uneasy on people touching him and checking him. He screamed loudly moments later and cried more so than he did before. L didn't know what happened. I mean, yes, he was sexually assaulted but he didn't know who caused this. He still believes it could be some random homophobe in the Tokyo area. Or simply all of Japan, from some different area. An hour later, the same doctor from earlier showed up and saw L.

"Are you Mr. Yagami's friend or family member?" He asked him, checking his clipboard.

"I'm his lover." He told him, hoping he can stay if this is the case. Which normally seems to work in medical shows or simply in soap operas as they allow the significant other to be there with the patient.

"Alright. Well, he has broken his back slightly, which is great as he isn't confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life. To top it off, it'll be fixed with surgery regardless." He explained, showing the x-ray and L placed his hand over his mouth in shock.

"Anything else?" He asked, wanting to know more on Light's injuries as he is still badly bruised and everything was still hurting. The whole explanation was that he also sustained a blow to the abdomen and it can be life threatening if not treated right away. Light didn't say anything still as he could hear Kira's voice in his head and him beating the living daylights of him.

"Light, did you hear me? I was saying that you'll need surgery for your back and that you'll need to be seen by a therapist about your sexual assault." The doctor told him, which made him tremble again and cry again.

"I don't want to!" He screamed, which surprised L as he hasn't spoken all day since he was found in the alley. Everything was ruined for him. His future, ruined. His life, definitely ruined too. Everything was over and he sobbed a thousand times more than ever. He didn't know what to do now. He was extremely traumatized and wanted this to be all over. Light had fallen asleep not long after L left. Familiar footsteps were in the hallway, looking for him and went to his room, closing the door.

"Light Yagami, you are now officially going to die." Kira responded, laughing manically and took out a knife and started carving his name to Light's stomach. This woke him up and he started screaming and crying. Kira left immediately and started laughing manically when he was out of the building. Light groaned as the pain was so bad and he grimaced at it, calling for help and then fell unconscious.

He was then seen by a couple of doctors and they saw him like this. Light didn't know what was going on at this point, as he was bleeding to death. That same day, L went to see him. Watari drove him to the hospital and they both asked for Light and went to his room. They found Soichiro and Sachiko there. Sayu was also there, holding his hand.

"What the hell happened?" Watari asked, surprised to see Light in different machines and hooked up to them. L started crying and hugged him, stroking his hair and kissed his forehead.

"Light had to have surgery and he nearly died. He's been in a coma for several hours." Soichiro explained to him and L this.

"It's all my fault!" L screamed, crying harder and ran away. If he chose to go to the bakery with Light, this wouldn't have happened. He is in a very emotional distress now and really blamed himself for this situation. Soichiro went after L and found him. He sat next to him and spoke to the world's greatest detective.

"Ryuzaki, this isn't your fault. Sometimes, we can't prevent moments like this from happening. It's going to be alright." He calmed him down, assuring him it will be all okay. L shook his head no, crying harder.

"Who would rape and attempt to kill Light then?" He asked, his eyes red and puffy.

"I don't know." He sighed, thinking more on that since it's been on his mind since yesterday. Days went by and Light was still in a coma. He hasn't made any progress whatsoever. L saw him in a ventilator still and held his hand, really upset and worried.

"Light, this is all my fault. I should've said yes to our date. When you wake up, I'll make sure whoever did this to you is behind bars for life." He told him, tears flowing from his eyes again. L really didn't know who it was and as the world's greatest detective, he always solves cases instantly and faster than anyone else. Just then, Ryuk showed up.

"Hi, Ryuzaki." He said, entering the room and closed the door behind him. L looked at the Shinigami and glared at him with tears in his eyes. "What happened to Light?" He asked him, surprised to see him crying right now.

"He was raped and nobody knows who did this." He told him, sobbing harder. He decided to not go to headquarters as he needed to figure out on his own who did this to Light.

"That's awful." He said, upset that this happened but most importantly, who would really do this to his only human friend. L hugged him, crying some more and Ryuk just confronted him, not saying much afterwards.