Chapter 1

Natasha

I am looking at the passing views outside as our car sped through the beautiful lanes of Pune city, truly mesmerising. The city is so different, alluring and welcoming. It's mystical with so many mysteries and secrets hidden under its lair. 

The city looks inviting with a festive mood settled throughout, a complete stark contrast to my own life. I sneak a glance at my husband sitting beside me typing away something on his phone. It has been a week since we got married, a week since I became the daughter-in-law of the Rathore family and a week since the night when I entered the Rathore mansion and got my dreams broken as lavishly as they made their way into my life. 

"Natasha, I never wanted this marriage. It's forced upon me and I don't care about what you think however I want all of it to end so badly and trust me don't expect it to be a fairytale wedding and bear with it until I find a way to end this." With those words, he left me clad in my bridal lehenga alone while he himself went to change out of his outfit and I stood there gawking where he stood before, in front of me, so close yet so far. 

I was beyond shocked by his words. I felt the ground slip beneath my feet and it took all my strength to hold myself from breaking down. I couldn't believe what he said. How fragile and sensitive is a marriage for a girl yet he tossed away all of my feelings in the trash before I even had a chance to showcase them. It's bitter, very bitter.

All of my fantasies, sweet little dreams and expectations, yes I had expectations from this marriage and is it so wrong for a girl to ever hold some for her wedding? for the rest of her life, she is going to live as someone's better half and that someone is hers. I felt tears pool in my eyes threatening to fall down just like all my dreams crashing turbulently under the violent waves of agony soaring inside me.

Why? is this happening to me? Am I that bad? Am I not the wife he wanted? Does he love someone else? Am I antagonizing his life by suddenly crashing into his world? I let my tears escape caressing my cheeks as if trying to console my broken heart. How can I be so foolish? Being happy in my own little world rejoicing over the fact that I am getting married to my crush and the most ideal bachelor out there not once considering how he might feel all about it? 

How can I forget that while I was a nobody in college, he was the heartthrob and not just mine but everyone's crush? A girl he never noticed and thought of something special while to me, he was my own dose of adrenaline, a rush of happiness and a muse to all the tingles and butterflies erupting in my body. 

It's all thanks to my family that we were able to get married in the first place and even meet in the first place. The first I saw him was at a business party thrown by my family when I was in high school and I fell at first sight, feeling a whirlwind of emotions I never felt before, sweet, rosy and tickling all because of him. 

My first love and now my husband but to him I am a girl he never noticed and now an unwanted wife. 

I quickly wiped my tears when I heard the sound of the door unlocking and found him coming outside in his nightwear. 

"You can go and change. Your clothes have been placed in the closet so help yourself. And listen, I will sleep on the bed and you too, sleep on the bed only, no 'I will sleep on the couch drama'. I know although, I told you that I don't want this, yet it has happened and for some time, there's no changing it so deal with it." His deep voice made its way to my ears. I couldn't stop myself basking in his charm before I saw him going towards the bed and lying down not sparing a single glance at me.