Chapter 6

Natasha

I turned around to look at him trying my best to outdo the haze of his handsomeness but as I quoted, I was 'trying' but soon his deep voice easily distracted me breaking me from his hypnosis.

"That, what was Rudra saying yesterday...what did he tell you?" My dear husband asked casually as if it didn't matter if I answered or not while playing with his already perfectly ironed kurta sleeves, 'folded sleeves'

"Nothing important, I mean it's not worth your time," I answered with the same casual tone before turning around but stopped immediately when I felt his hot breath fanning my back sending tingles down my spine.

"And how are you able to decide that?" His voice suddenly a whisper, a hot, hoarse whisper laced with husk

"J-Just because, I can" I found myself unable to form words and then compile them into a sentence, my knees were seconds away from buckling.

"Didn't you say we were friends? Best friends." Best friends? When did that happen? didn't we start as friends? No isn't it a good thing if he considers us as best friends? No wait, what am I thinking in this situation right now? It's not important. God, my mind's a mess.

"Y-Yes we are par kuch baaten to best friend ko bhi nhi batayi jaati (But some things are kept secret from even best friends as well)"

"Oh, such a little liar I have as my friend. I stopped breathing when he suddenly leaned in caging me from both sides, his one hand resting on the edge of the dressing table and the other reaching out for god knows what while his face was extremely close with his eyes never leaving mine

Apne khaas doston se kuch nhi chipaya jata (Nothing is kept secret between special friends) and I assumed you knew it or maybe you do" The words rolled smoothly off his tongue with a slow and sensual tone when I felt him handing me my potli bag while his eyes twinkled with an amused smile before he stood straight and turned around to leave the room.

"You said it now and I hope for it to be the same...same from your side as well." My voice rang in my ears clearly and I realised I had spoken what I thought out loud. I immediately looked at him who had stopped walking by now and then he slowly spun around on his feet with a mirthful face, one of his eyebrows raised and lips crooked into an amused yet charming smile.

"Yet another trick of yours. This is not how deals are done. First, you need to show what you have if you need something from me in return, keep something enticing as bait in front of me so that I can think of negotiating later, no?"

"B-But this is not business...I am talking about what you said before, t-the thing between best friends. So, I will tell you what Rudra said yesterday and in exch--

"You know, actually I think you are right. It's not something worth my time, I mean not something very important so how about we try this next time?" He cut me off in between before giving me one of his infamous smirks and I looked at him with unjust eyes.

Itni badi badi baaten karte hi kyu hai agar un par mukammal nhi karna hota! (Why does he talk big if he doesn't want to act upon them!?) What a crazy man! And that too when I wanted to ask something from him. Meanie.