Matsukawa Issei + Male Reader

AN: none of these are edited I'm just copy-pasting
*********

"(Y/N)! Come here, please! We have some visitors!" The head of a child (no more than 9 years of age) peaked down at the woman standing at the bottom of the staircase, before she left to talk to the guests. "He's a little shy, but I'm sure you two will be great friends." Ms. Mei, as you call her (you've only lived with her for a month or so, calling her anything else just feels weird), said. You peaked your head from the stairs, another woman with a child beside her. He looked around your age, maybe a little older, he definitely has more of an older child's heights, maybe 10? 11? You didn't know. Ages were weird, especially adult ages. Thinking they know everything just because they were here longer than you, not fair!

Ms. Mei was talking to the women while the child was just looking around. His eyes landed on you, only making eye contact for a second before you ducked back into the stairwell, hoping you were fast enough that maybe, just maybe, he thought he was going crazy and would leave. Maybe he'd think the house was haunted and will never come back. Maybe his parents would put him in one of those white hospital rooms you'd see in those movies. Maybe he'd grow up, break out of the hospital and try to find you for making him crazy. 'Oh no! I'm going to get murdered by a crazy person!' You quietly sulked the stairs, thinking of all different types of scenarios.

You decided you wanted to live a long life, after building up the courage you peaked out again, "(Y/N)?" Ms. Mei was looking at you, but so were the other two. Quickly looking away from Ms. Mei, no longer having the confidence now that two complete strangers know you're here, you sat back down on the stairs with your arms crossed over your knees. 'Well at least he knows he's not crazy.', you thought. Ms. Mei popped up in front of you, "Hey, I know you don't like meeting people, but it's only them. And! He's your age! Now why don't we go out there and say hi? I've known Matsuki for years now, she won't hurt you."

It's not the women you're scared of (okay, maybe a little. But she's so tall! Who wouldn't be?!), but that kid looked like he would tear you apart the moment you're alone! You did not want to. "Okay..." Ms. Mei smiled at you and got up, holding out her hand for you. You stared at it for a bit before getting up and grabbing a hold of her. Ms. Mei walked over to the living room (when did they move from the door?) with you behind her, begging whatever higher being there was to swallow you up so you didn't have to meet new people. Meeting new people was always the worst. Why couldn't we just meet and automatically be best friends?

Going through the effort of a stranger slowly, way too slowly (did I mention slowly already?), to friend was tiring. Ms. Mei stopped, promptly running into her before slowly looking in front of her from behind her pant leg (which was in a death grip, might I add! Who knew 9 year olds had death grips?). "(Y/N), this is Matsukawa Matsuki, my friend. I've known her since college." Matsuki stood up from the couch and crouched in front of you and Ms. Mei, "Hi there," she said softly, putting her hand out for you to shake. You stared at it for a couple seconds, hands clutching Ms. Mei's pants tighter, not going to reach for it. Matsuki saw how you weren't making any movement and put her hand back down.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you! This is Issei," she gestured to the boy still on the couch. He's been looking at you this entire time. Right now, he's the bane of your existence. 'He's going to kill me!' you internally cried. You've been looking at Matsuki's forehead before staring at her hand. Now you're just staring at the floor. "Can you say 'Hi', (Y/N)?" Ms. Mei asked. You made eye contact with Matsuki for a split second before looking back at the floor, "Hi..." Ms. Mei smiled down at you before looking at Issei, "(Y/N), why don't you take Issei up to your room and show him all your cool toys?" Perking up (Matsuki could swear she saw you switch personalities), you ran to the stairs, half way up before stopping and walking back down.