Chapter 6

*The next day*

•Karmen's Pov•

I woke up earlier than usual this morning. My mom was making breakfast while I just sat at the table and watched whatever was on the TV.

I miss Kenny.

I never realized how boring life would be without a little brother. I wonder what the boys did last night. Probably something stupid, knowing them.

I wonder if Kenny gave Benny that note? It wasn't anything serious, I just thanked Benny for giving smalls a chance. I didn't want Kenny to see it because then he'd never let it go.

"Do you want syrup on top or on the side of your waffles dear?"

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my mom, who was staring at me with a concerned expression.

"You alright honey, you don't look too well."

"What!? Is she sick? Do you need some medicine? Let me see!!" My Dad says, running to the kitchen.

"NO! Dad, im fine. I'm not sick I'm just bored." They both sigh.

My dad walks back out of the room and my mom finishes breakfast. She slides my plate in front of me. I give her a small smile and grab the syrup.

Right before I take the cap off, there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it." I tell my mom.

I walked out of the kitchen and to the living room where my dad sat with his puzzle. I don't know why he doesn't just watch TV and read News papers like normal Dads. They knock again as I approach the door. I didn't bother checking the peephole before opening it. I was surprised to see my brother standing there with his overnight bag in hand.

"Why aren't you dressed? Come on, we gotta go to the lot." He says, brushing past me and Heading to the stairs before being stopped.

"Kennedy Amar Denunez." Our mother deadpanned.

A/n: Idk man, I just made it up. We're gonna laugh about it later.

We both wince at the use of Kenny's full name. I watch as he backs up until he is standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Good Morning to you too, son." Kenny smiles, guiltily.

"Goodmorning, Mom. Good morning, Dad." He says then proceeds to rush up the stairs.

I walk back into the kitchen and quickly take a bite out of a waffle before heading up the stairs myself. Only be stopped by a simple clear of the throat. I slump back down the stairs.

"I'll eat it later, Mom."

"No honey, you forgot to leave the syrup." She chuckled.

"Oh." I put the syrup on the table then run up the stairs to get ready for the day.

*Time Skip*

Me and Kenny were on our way to the lot. We mostly walked in silence. A little comment here and there about nothing in particular. The silence was broken abruptly by the screeching of bike tires.

Oh God.

"Hey, Denunez. It's too hot for a Babe like you to be walking. Why don't you hop on my bike." I roll my eyes as Phillips, the boy that practically bullies my brother and his friends, hits on me for the upteenth time.