Braids

Casey pov:

It's finally time for our second appointment for our braces after a full day of nothing but cuddling yesterday.

As I walked into the orthodontist office, a few people recognized me and asked when I was going to open my shop up again. I happily answered them all.

Once I was taken into the room to get the braces adjusted, my braces were tightened. They didn't tell me anything about if I needed to brush better or not because they understand that couldn't until a few days ago.

Donnie and Amy were the ones brushing my teeth while I was in all of my casts.

After I set up my next appointment, I went home to my boyfriend, who had tightened his own braces, to relax.

Though, I did stop to get some sushi and a few different flavors of mochi, which is Don's favorite sweet, because I had a craving.

"I'm home, Don!" I yelled into my house as I hung up my keys and closed the door.

He walked to me, seeing the bag.

"Hi Love. What's in the bag?" He greeted and asked me.

"Lunch and a dessert." I smiled as I walked to the kitchen.

I put the sushi on the counter, since we'll be eating soon, and the whole bag, with the mochi, in the freezer.

"You got sushi?" He asked, genuinely confused, as he walked into the kitchen.

I never told him that I like sushi before.

"Yeah, I like the textures of it." I tell him as I move the sushi to the table and grab some chopsticks for the both of us.

"And I can't do a lot with my left hand, but I can use chopsticks with it." I tell him as we both sit down.

We both enjoy our food and flirted with the other while we ate.

"Now... What's that dessert you were talking about?" He asked.

I laugh and go to the freezer, pulling out the bag and showing the treat.

I swear his eyes lit up like a child's, it was very adorable.

I brought the boxes of store bought mochi to the table and let him a flavor.

"Mango. Mango. Mango." He said quickly.

I gladly hand him the mango mochi, choosing strawberry for myself, and we both opened our boxes.

I struggled a bit, but eh.

"Don't give yourself a brain freeze." I tell him as he was about to start eating it.

"I won't." He said as he took his first bite of the sweet.

He looked absolutely adorable as each bite of the sweet made him happier and happier.

As he finished his third, I finished my first of the strawberry.

Mine has halfway melted and I only wanted the one piece, so I put it back in the box and put it, along with a cookies and cream one I had bought, in the freezer again.

Before I knew it, Donnie was done with his whole tray, which each had 6 pieces, and he was leading me to the couch.

He sat on the couch and I sat in front of him.

He put on an action movie, I think it was some hero movie, but I don't remember much because this is what happened.

After putting on the movie, Donnie distracted by playing with my hair for thirty minutes... I think.

So, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I heard Donnie snoring and my hair felt different than normal.

I feel my hair and realize that I've been asleep for hours.

Donnie had braided all of my hair, which is really thick, into hundreds of tiny braids! (... I might be exaggerating a bit... Just a bit though.)

And, no, they aren't like box braids, just a bunch of regular braids on a much smaller scale.

I felt strange but comfortable.

It made me happy knowing Donnie did this because he wanted to.

I put my head on his knee as whistled and snored.

The area around us felt warm, safe, happy, and loving.

The movie he put on was already over and the TV had shut off.

Donnie shifted a bit every now and then in his sleep, not fully waking just yet.

I wanted to see the braids so I carefully stook up, placed a soft kiss on his forehead, and walked to the bathroom.

As I looked into the mirror, I could tell that this was his first time braiding hair because there are some okish braids with my right bangs, but by the time he had gotten to my left bangs, he had  gotten pretty good at braiding.

I felt my heart flutter a bit as I imagined how he reacted after each braid was finished.

I normally don't do braids in my hair for three reasons:

They're time consuming.

I don't like braiding my own hair.

And finally, I don't like how they look with my hair style and face shape.

But, I am not taking them out because Donnie did them, which is the most important reason, he used those rubber bands made for jewelry making, which are painful to take out, and waves.

I hate how braids look on me, but I love how slightly wavey hair looks on me.

I heard my sleepy boyfriend stumble to me and felt him hug me from behind.

"Mí amor, what are you doing up?" He asked me, sounding less drunk than whinny.

"I was looking at your handy work, watashi no ai." I tell him, putting my good arm on his arms.

He put his chin on my shoulder and hugged me close.

"Can we please go back to sleep?" He begs.

"One moment, we need to eat, most likely, since you braided all of my hair and fell asleep... Though I haven't looked at the time..." I explain to him.

He drags me to the kitchen and makes some cup ramen noodles.

I don't like the chicken flavored one very much, so he made sure not to grab one for me, but otherwise grabbed 2 random flavors and made them.

We quickly ate, then he pulled me to my room and we both quickly got comfortable with the other.

Donnie smiled and kissed my forehead.

"I was curious to see what you looked like with braided hair... I quickly found that I like braiding your hair... I can't wait for you to grow out your hair again." He tells me.

I smile back.

"I can't wait to have my long hair back either... And it feels wonderful when you do anything with my hair." I tell him bashfully.

"Like this?" He asked as he messed with the braids.

It wasn't quite like how it feels when he normally messes with my hair, but it still felt hella relaxing.

"Yeah... Like that... I love you..." I said as I started to fall asleep.

"I love you too, my dear." He places a kiss on my forehead as I finally shut my eyes and fell into a peaceful rest.
____
1174 words