Chapter Sixty Six

NOT EDITED

Part one

Jamir Coleman (Polo)

It was a few hours before the party and Polo couldn't seem to get himself to get up from his spot on the bed to get ready. He was having so many emotions running through his body that it was making it hard for him to keep himself together.

"Fuck this shit"Polo said to himself grabbing the phone off the night stand. Unlocking it he went to his music folders where he had all the songs he wrote about Nahla. Some of them were old and a few of them were songs that he had wrote in the past two months. Instead of dwelling on his breakup with Nahla he locked himself in the studio let his emotions out on the beat.

Scrolling through his folder he clicked on a song titled "Martin and Gina" pressing play he couldn't help but crack a smile thinking about the times him and Nahla had.

"I think about you on the road when I tear down the booth. Girl I can't wait till I get home and fuck the shit out of you. Even on your worst days girl you still kind of cute. If it go down,I'm gon protect you pull that stick out and shoot. All I want is your love. I can't see no bitch after you. Off emotions we did things that we didn't have to do. Scared of you leaving I told lies when you asked for the truth.I second guessed If you the one that's when I didn't have a clue.They be Martin and Gina but we ain't think about the behind the scenes. The way I kill it lose her voice when she tryna scream. We from the trenches, we moved on to the finer things" Once the first verse was done all these memories started flooding Polo's mind causing his heart to start aching

Polo and Nahla were both in Nahla's grandma's kitchen trying to bake a cake for Polo's mom's birthday.

"Mir did you take everything out the oven?"Nahla asked once she got hit with smell of burning rubber

"Why the fuck you keep shit in the oven Nahla?"Polo asked running over to the oven seeing that there was a bunch or pots and pans along with a plastic tray in there.

"Where else are we going to put it Mir?"Nahla shook her head helping Polo take everything out the oven "Doesn't your mom do this?"

"How the fuck am I suppose to know what she puts in the oven?"Polo never cooked a day in his life so he honestly didn't know how any of this worked. He just assumed that the oven would be clear

"You really need to start cooking more"Nahla told him cleaning up the melted plastic trying not to burn herself

"For what? I got you and mama to cook for me"Polo shrugged throwing away the half melted tray.

"You got me fucked up thinking I'm going to cook for you when you got two working hands"

"Just shut up and kiss me"Polo laughed pulling Nahla to him giving her a kiss which she happily returned

The second verse of the song played snapping Polo out of his thoughts causing him to listen to it. He wanted to make sure it was good and didn't need anymore editing because he planned on playing it at his party.

"I get this feeling in my stomach when you next to me. Man I'm tryna get to know you sexually. Take you on shopping sprees for therapy. Move you out to Cali in my mansion taking care of me. I know sometimes I'm crazy I was hoping you could bear with me. Beauty and the beast, Pretty girl with a gangster. I swear you still the baddest in the room with no makeup.You the type of women every hood nigga pray for. I vow to stay a hundred never change up. In that sundress damn your body so amazing. Love the way you smell. I'm addicted to your fragrance. It's something about you but I really can't explain it. Just know that you mine. I tell that nigga he can save it" The second verse finished and Polo shut the song off not letting the chorus repeat itself.