10

Friday
1:34pm

"How much did you tell dude?" Jamel asked takin a fry from my plate.

I shrugged and played around in my food with my fork."I don't know"

"Couldn't be nothing if he didn't mention it this morning. You worrying for nothing" he waved me off.

We were sitting in the cafeteria eating and talking about the math project we had to do. Until he noticed, how tense I was acting as he would say.

"Let me ask you something?"

"Go head" he took my pizza and took a bite and went back to eating his food.

"How would you feel about all of this?"

He cleared his throat and picked up his Gatorade "What you mean?"

"Like if you were in Aug shoes. How would you feel about everything?"

"I would be mad as shit, I'm not gonna lie. It's the fact that you hidin it from him"

"It's not that easy to tell him that" I shook my head getting frustrated with myself.

"I'm just sayin, You know I'll tell you joke but I'll neva tell you a lie" I shook my head at him and laughed but calmed down eventually.

"How you use to talk about him when he was locked up, y'all ain't never gonna end" he chucked and waved me off. I was about to say something but a group of girls came up to the table.

"Hey Ja" she smiled leaning over the table. I tried to contain my laugh, these girls were so vulnerable.

"Wassup"

"We loved the dunk you did the other day" another spoke

"Preciate it" he said eating another fry. I just slid my tray over to him because I wasn't in the mood to eat.

"So I was thinking, we could go to my dorm tonight" the first girl said leaning over the table showing her cleavage in his face. I sipped my drink trying not to laugh.

He shook his head "I'm straight love" she slowly stood and her friends finnaly walked away.

"These girls are always on you heavy" I said and he shook his head.

"Those girls are on me heavy, they know I'm going to the NBA. But ion care how rich I am, this is for coloreds only" he said and we laughed.

After eating with Jamel and talking about our upcoming project I left and went back home.

4:34pm

"Babe!" I yelled walking in. There were toys everywhere. I seen Mel running towards me and I quickly picked her up.

"Hey pretty"

"Ma ma ma ma" she repeated and my heart swell.

"Awwn"

"That's because she keep hearing me call you that" august chuckled and kissed my temple.

I looked at him confused until I noticed that I didn't say anything last night.