Promise
5:03pm
New York

"I missed yo cooking on thanks giving sis, I ain gonna lie" Rico said holding melody and casually tossing her in the air while she giggled.

"I didn't cook this thanksgiving" I shrugged while I looked at my computer stuck on my last 2 pages.

"You look tied"

"Thanks Mr.Obvious" I stood and went to the fridge for a bottle of water.

"Did the girl say how much the decorations was gonna cost?" I asked sitting back down.

"Yeah I got it"

"Rico I told you already that I had it"

"This is my niece and I got her, chill"

I shook my head while I heard the front door open. I looked around the corner and seen it was just Marcus.

"Wassup sis"

"Hey Marcus"

He smiled at Mel and reached for her but she turned her head. Rico laughed at him

"You know she don't mess witchu"

"Man that's crazy fat fat" I laughed at the nickname Marcus came up with.

"Don't call my niece fat" Rico joked.

"She know why. Everytime I got food she come to me"

I laughed as they went back and forth to see who Mel would come to. I looked down at my phone and seen Taurus texted me.

Polo/Mel's Godfather♥️: Game day🏀. You coming?

I completely forgot about today.

"Rico" I looked at rico and he was smiling so much at Mel.

"She's Yungin twin fasho. But she got yo eyes" she cooed at him and grabbed his necklaces.

"Yo mama got bands if you break this?"

"She gotta a mean ass grip too" Marcus said. A knock came on the door and I went to open it.

"So I got the girls some new outfits and swimsuits for tomorrow" Cha came in and we walked back to the kitchen.

"Oh my god that's what I forgot"

"Don't tell me you forgot melody fits for tomorrow?" Rico said.

"Come on Missy you always do this" he said sitting her down and letting her run around the house.

"I know I know. Ive just been so busy with everything" I said sitting down.

"How about I run and go get her something?" Cha said

I looked at the time and shook my head.

"It's Sunday the malls close early" Marcus said.

"What happened to Jayda making it for you?" Rico asked.