XXXXIII. Decision (Mavie)

Play: Gravity&Breath Again by Sara Bareilles🫶🥹

As I walked out of the building and headed to the parking lot. My mind went blank because of all that is happening and just stared at my two shoe covered feet.

I don't know where to go or what am I supposed to do?

I was put out of my reverie when I heard a honk of a car in front of me.

"Miss magpapakamatay ka ba jan?, kanina pa kita binobusina ah" the man from car exclaimed.

Naging bingi na ba ako? Am I insane when I say na some part of me want to intentionally won't listen sa busina nya just to put me out of this misery?

How long have I carried this problem with me? A week? A month? I don't know anymore.

And as I thought of all these things the only place that I know of is There..., sa kaisa isang tao na alam ang lahat ng problems ko. I climbed inside the car and started the engine thinking of only that place as my escape for now.
------------

The wind blew in my hair, its peaceful and quiet here. I placed the flowers to the ground and started lighting the candle that I bought on the way here.

"Hi Ate, how are you"
"It's me again. Surely, nagsasawa ka na sakin. Lagi nako masyadong andito"
"Eh ikaw lang kasi ang alam kong makakausap ko without uttering a single word to shut me up or to disagree with me" i chuckled

"Hahah, eh kahit nga nung buhay ka, you always only listen"... Complete silence..
"I missed you again kanina, did you know that?" As I talked to her, i felt teary-eyed na naman.
"I always want you around when I'm like this" another complete Silence..

"Ate, I spoke with Abby's Mom.... " and sinabi ko sakanya lahat ng nangyari from the last time i went here.

---flashback---

*Ring Ring Ring*

"Bye guys, good game today"

"You too, Capt."

I greeted the team after our practice game as I grabbed my phone from my duffel Bag.

"Hello"

"Maverick"

I checked the caller ID and its an unknown number

"Uhmmm Hello"

"Maverick, this is Abby's Mom"

I was dumbfounded, this is the first time that Abby's Mom contacted me like this. Surely, Tita will not contact me if not for a very important reason.

"Tita? May kailangan po ba kayo?"

"Mavie, good evening dear. I know we've started in a rough path. But let me make it up iha. Can I speak talk to you and I... I want to talk to you about something"

"Uhmm sure Tita"

"How bout this weekend. Are you gonna be available in the morning, iha?"

"Yeah sure po"

So from that... Now andito ako sa isang cafe near sa kela Abby after days she called me.

I waited for few minutes before Abby's Mom arrived.

"Did you wait long ba Mavie"

"No, not naman Tita"

"Uhmm" i gestured for the chair in front of me.

"Want do you want Mavie, coffee? Tea ? Or milk"

"Ohh no na Tita. I just ate lang din"

"So... Una sa lahat Mavie. I'm very sorry sa mga nangyari back then with Abby's Dad. You know how her Dad is"