Start of something new (Olly Murs & Caroline Flack fanfiction)

~ Caroline's POV ~

I got back from the lunch with Jody, slipped off my shoes in the hall and headed to the kitchen to make myself a tea. While the water was heating I went to my bedroom to dress something more comfortable. I got back, my tea was ready to serve so I took the cup in my hand and went to sit on the sofa. I turned the telly on and took my laptop. I checked my mail. There was an invitation from Steve, our floor manager at the xtra studio, and Anne, to their 10 year anniversary in a restaurant close to where the studio was. Then I remembered that Steve already mentioned that last week when I bumped into him on my way home from Sam's. I saw the date and realized that it was tonight. I completely forgot about it. I checked my phone, it was only 2 pm. I had few more hours left.  At around 6 pm I started getting ready. I took a shower, put on black skirtand a mint blouse, did my hair and make up and checked my appearance in the mirror once again before I left my flat and headed to the restaurant.

After half an hour I got there. I parked my car at the parking lot and walked in the restaurant greeting everyone as I opened the door. „Hi!“ I exclaimed. I went over to Steve and Anne to give them a present I got them.

„Just a little something for you two, lovebirds! Congratulations on 10 years, that's huge.“ I said giving them both a hug.

„Thank you, Caroline!“ they both exclaimed at the same time. „You didn't have to bother with buying the present.“ Anne said.

„Of course I did. It's just a little something. Hope you're going to like it.“ I said.

I looked around trying to spot Olly but he was nowhere around. 'Weird.' I thought to myself. I headed to the table and sat down. I was surrounded by the people I knew so I got distracted. Sam walked over to me behind my back giving me a kiss on the cheek. „Hey you!“ she said loudly. „Heyy! You look gorgeous, babe.“ I said returning the kiss. I moved a little so she can sit next to me.

„For how long have you been here?“ Sam asked.

„Not long. I arrived few minutes ago..“ I replied

„I feel like we're going to get bored tonight.“ Sam sighed.

„Why?“ I laughed.

„I don't feel like people in here came here meaning to have fun. Everyone is so old.“ She sighed yet again.

„Oi! Don't be mean.“ I laughed at her. „We're going to find a way to have fun.“

„Where's Olly, by the way?“ Sam asked.

„What makes you think I know?“ I questioned.

„I thought you're gonna come here together.“ She replied.

„No. I doubt he's even coming.“ I sighed quietly.

„Oh yes! Now I remember, he has a show scheduled tonight. He said he'll be here after it finishes.“ Sam said happily.

„Oh, ok.“ I replied. A smile appeared across my face.

The evening was going good, everyone seemed to enjoy it. Not me. I was kinda bored. It was 9:30 pm. Olly was still not here. I excused myself and went to the bar. Just few meters away from the table we were sitting at.

„Can I get a tequila please?“ I asked the waiter politely.

„Sure you can.“ He said handing me the drink.