Part 9

Caroline’s POV

*a month later*

„Hi, Derms.“ I sad as I walked in front of the Xtra studio to see Dermot waiting for me outside.

„Hi, Caroline!“ He greeted me back giving me a quick hug as we entered the tall building.

„How have you been?“ I asked politely.

„Good. What about you?“

„I’ve been alright. Thanks.“

„I don’t mean to sound rude but I’ve heard what happened with Olly and I’m really sorry.“

„I am too.“ I said as I looked down.

„Have you seen him lately?“

No. Not since that night and I hope not to see him around these days because I literally wouldn’t know what to say.“ I paused. „Should we come in to talk about the plans for Xtra?“ I said as we walked in front of the doors of the green room where we used to hang out before and after the live shows.

„Yes, sure. But Caroline…“

„What’s wrong, Derms?“ I laughed as I entered the room and opened my mouth with a surprised look on my face when I saw Olly. He immediately stood up from where he was sitting, obviously surprised to see me too. „Hello.“ I mumbled.

„Hi. I didn’t know you’d be here.“ He said.

„Yeah, neither did I.“ I said as both me and Olly looked at Dermot waiting for answers.

„Guys, look, I needed you both here because I know what happened and I really want you to fix things. If not because of yourselves, then because of the work.“

„There’s nothing to fix.“ I said quietly.

„We’re alright.“ Olly replied.

„Yeah.“ I whispered. I most certainly didn’t expect him to say anything, especially not that but I went with the flow and just agreed that everything’s alright between us because that was the easiest thing to do.

„I don’t mean to interfere with your stuff guys, but both of you are acting plain immature.“

I looked at Olly. Our eyes met halfway through. „No, it really is alright. Let’s get to work.“ I exclaimed assuring Dermot.

 „Alright then.“ Dermot said as we sat at the table in the corner of the room.

„So now that both of your contracts are signed we should get to work. Caroline, you’re still ok with going through the auditions and judges houses period by yourself with occasional help of Rylan?“ Dermot asked.

„Yeah. It’s going to be fun working with…“

„I’m really sorry about that, but I have so much work because of the tour. I wish I could work it out somehow but I’m afraid I can’t.“ Olly sighed as he interrupted me.

„No, really. It’s fine.“ I replied.

„Olly, you’re going to be back by the late August for the rehearsals for the live shows, right?“ Dermot asked.