Part 8

Olly’s POV

I couldn’t stop thinking about Caroline. It was driving me crazy. I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t focus on work, couldn’t eat properly. Nothing. I missed her, so much. ‘Does she miss me too?’

Few days ago we had a huge fight. I never in my life yelled at someone like I yelled at her in that very moment and I hated myself for every word I said. I know I was being extremely hard on her but she has hurt me so much. Not more than I hurt her. ‘I need to find her.’ I thought to myself. I couldn’t go a day without her anymore. I missed her too much.  I decided to go and find her.

I drove in front of her flat and saw the lights were off. It seemed like no one was at home but I decided to go and check to make sure she really isn’t there. I knocked few times but there was no response. ‘Ugh!’ I sighed.

I went to the bar, just few streets away from Caroline’s flat to get a drink. I really needed one.

I entered the bar, took few steps and sat at the bar ordering myself a drink. I looked around if I see someone familiar and at the other side of the bar there was Caroline. All by herself. That’s my chance. I need to go there and talk to her. Apologize for the way I treated her.  I got up from my sit just when the waiter brought me the drink. „Here!“ he said handing me the drink. „I don’t need it anymore, thanks.“ I replied and walked over to Caroline.

„Caz!“

„Olly!“ she turned around looking at me as a huge grin appeared across her face. „What are you doing here?“

„I..I wanted to see you. Are you alright?“ I said approaching her closer.

„Yeah, I’m good. You?“

„Caroline, they didn’t have tequilas so I brought you a vodka.“ I turned around to see a tall brown haired men holding two drinks in his hand.

„Wow.“ I mumbled. „I didn’t know you had company.“

„No, Olly. I..He’s not with me..“

„It’s ok. I knew this would be a mistake. I gotta go. Have fun you two.“ I said obviously annoyed and walked out.

I got out of the club wanting to get home as soon as possible but Caroline followed me.

„Olly, wait! Please.“

„Caroline, go inside and let me go, will you.“

„But let me explain please.“

“I’m sick of your explanations. I’m sick of you lying to me. I thought you cared about me. About us. I guess I was wrong.“ I said trying to stay as calm as I could.

“Olly, just talk to me please.“

“I wanted to, but not anymore. It’s not worth it.“

Caroline stood in front of me, crying, not saying anything. It was killing me. I wanted to hug her, have her beside me but I wasn’t sure if that’s what she wants too. Not after seeing her with that guy.

„Is that him?“ I asked. “I guess that means yes.“ I said after few moments of silence.

„I actually came here to fix things. I realized I was being too hard on you. I wanted to apologize because I know I’ve hurt you. But you don’t seem to care so my work here is done.“ I said as I walked off.