Part 7

Caroline’s POV

Two days passed and still not a call from Olly, not a message. Nothing. I knew nothing good could come from that. He must have seen the articles, that’s why he’s not answering. As the days were passing by I was felling more sad. I just wanted to hear his voice and talk to him, give him an explanation. Nothing else. But it seemed like he doesn’t want to listen to me and it was killing me.

I remembered Olly gave me Sarah’s number just in case I can’t reach him if something happens.I smirked. ‘That could be my chance.’ I went over to my room and looked through the magazines and papers that were on my night table and a tiny paper slipped from one of the magazines and fell on the floor. I quickly grabbed it. It was Sarah’s number. I went back to get my phone and I dialed her number. After few seconds I heard a woman’s voice speaking from the other side of the line.

„Sarah Thomas speaking.“

„Sarah?“

„Who am I speaking to?“

„It’s me. Caroline.“

„Oh. Glad to hear you.“

„Sarah, is Olly somewhere near? I really need to talk to him.“

„I’m sorry, but he is..“ she muttered. „he’s not here.“

„Where is he? I’ve been trying to reach him for days. Please Sarah, I need to talk to him.“

„Caroline, I’m really sorry but he is very busy at the moment.“

„Tell him I called. Please.“

„I will. Goodbye!“

„Bye.“

I felt a tear strolling down my cheek. He doesn’t want to talk to me. He saw the articles. He hates me.I felt like my head’s gonna explode.

„Caroline?“ I picked my phone up as I heard a buzz.

„Hey.“

„I saw Olly’s tweet just a few minutes ago. He’s supposed to come back home tomorrow. Did he call you?“

„No, but I talked to Sarah.“

„You did? What did she say?“

„That he was busy at the moment.“

„More like busy for the past few days.“

„But why didn’t he tell me he’s coming back.“ I sighed.

„There’s still time for him to tell you. Don’t worry.“

„I hope so. Gotta go now. See you tomorrow, Sam. Night.“

„Goodnight.“

I walked over to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I sat in front of the telly because it was easier to fell asleep with the telly on but a sound of a message on my phone interrupted me. I grabbed my phone and saw Olly’s name. I smirked. I opened a message. „I’m flying back home tomorrow. I want to see you.“ I didn’t know if this was a good or bad thing considering the last part didn’t seem really positive but I was happy because after 5 days of not talking to him he finally messaged me. This simple message calmed my heart that was almost on the verge of splintering.I put my phone back down beside me and few minutes later fell asleep.