ᴹᵃᵐᵐᵒⁿ

Diavolo's birthday party. Who would want to miss it? It seemed as though every single demon in the Devildom was gathered here. Demons seemed to fill every corner of the room. Demons dancing, demons eating food from the buffet, demons talking and laughing loudly. Everyone was having a great time. But all good things eventually come to an end, and the rooms steadily emptied, until only Diavolo, Solomon, the demon brothers, angels, and you were present.

"Aghh that was tiring," said Belphegor with a yawn, landing heavily on the couch.
"Indeed. But it was fun, too!" remarked Diavolo, smiling as he always did. You couldn't help but smile too. It ​​​​​​had been a fun evening.
"Would you look at the time. We should get going." Said Lucifer, standing up from the chair he was sitting in.
"Oh dear. It is quite late isn't it?" Said Diavolo, looking at the clock. "Maybe you should stay overnight and go tomorrow." He suggested.
​​​Lucifer looked skeptical, but judging by the demon brothers' and angels' tired expressions, they agreed with that plan.
"Fine, we'll stay here overnight, if it's no trouble." Diavolo beamed at those words. "Of course it's no trouble!" He paused, looking thoughtful. "I know! Why don't we play a game before bed?" He suggested, a mischievous grin playing across his lips.
"Ohhh what are we playing?" Asked Asmo, his curiosity stirred.
Diavolo's grin turned even wider. "Truth or Dare!" He announced. Lucifer groaned, but the rest of the crowd looked either exited or at least interested.
And so the game began.

Levi had to confess if he had a crush on someone in real life (all of you then had to endure his 20-minute talk about demon and human idols), Simeon was dared to try some of Solomon's cooking, and Satan had to give Lucifer a hug (you really thought they were going to murder each other with the power of their glares alone).

"Truth..." Said Mammon unenthusiastically.
"Aw, cowardly much?" Answered Asmodeus with a pout.
"Who ya callin' a coward!? Dare then!" He said loudly, getting worked up. Out of the corner of your eye you saw Asmo wearing a triumphant smirk. Oh boy, this meant trouble.

"Hm, in that case, I dare you to play Seven Minutes in Heaven with Y/N~" Mammon's face immediately reddened.
You, on the other hand, let out a laugh. Oh God, you were so going to tease him.
"No way in the Devildom I'm doin' that!" Said Mammon loudly, obviously embarrassed. Asmo met your eye and gave you a meaningful look. You gave him a slight nod in response.

"Aw really?" You said loudly. "Mammon, come on!" His cheeks became a few shades redder.
"Well, if ya want to then I guess I could..."
Asmo clapped his hands together in satisfied manner.
"Alright then, into the closet you go!" Mammon only now seemed to realize what a mess he was in, but it was too late, as he was already being shoved into the dark closet along with you.

The both of you immediately crumpled onto the floor from the force that you were shoved in, landing in an awkward position. You grinned at him and got off the floor, dusting off your clothes and sitting on the wooden flooring.
Mammon got up a little more awkwardly, nervousness shown in every one of his movements.

"Dammit! Asmo, I'll make ya pay for this!" He yelled before grumpily sitting on the floor and muttering curses under his breath. You let out a laugh and sat next to him.
"Hey, this is just for fun, you know? We can just chat for a bit," you paused. "Or if you prefer we can do something more interesting~" You said playfully, observing him for his reaction.

Mammon didn't respond, but he seemed to be... Shaking? Your smile instantly faded.
"Are you alright?" You asked, suddenly worried.

"Y-yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" He tried to sound cheerful, but his voice sounded several octaves too high, and you could tell that something was bothering him. To his surprise, you grasped his hand tightly.

"Mammon, you can be honest with me. I'm sorry that I dragged you into this, I thought we would just enjoy the game together, but you're clearly uncomfortable. I'm sorry." He looked at you with surprise, and you saw his normally cheerful face pale and almost in tears.

​​​​​​"It's okay, I just... Don't really like closed spaces like this..." He muttered quietly, his tsundere personality completely erased.
Oh, so he had claustrophobia? You never knew... You felt ashamed of yourself. You'd been friends for all this time and you had never noticed? You squeezed his hand tighter.

"You should have told me. Then I wouldn't have pushed you like that," you got up and tried to open the door. Nothing. It was locked from the outside. You tried banging loudly on it, only to receive snickers from outside.
"The seven minutes aren't over, guys!" You heard Asmo say cheerfully.

Now irritated, you sat back down.
"I'm truly sorry... If there's any way I can help while we wait it out..." You muttered. Mammon smiled nervously.
"You bein' here helps a lot. Besides, you should be grateful, not many people get to be stuck in a closet with the Great Mammon!" You laughed, glad to know that he was relaxed enough to joke around.

And yet his eyes still kept darting to the shadowy corners of the closet, as though something might suddenly loom out of them.
​​​​You fiddled with the corner of your shirt. You had an idea, and it might just be crazy enough to work. You took a deep breath and turned toward him with an expression of what you were hoping was defiance.
"Is something wro-" You didn't let him finish his sentence, and quickly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and crashed your lips onto his.

Mammon let out a muffled yelp of surprise as you both tumbled onto the wooden floor with a loud thud, yet not breaking the kiss for even a second. You stayed like that for a few seconds, trying to stretch the moment before carefully pulling away for some air, awkwardly trying to support yourself with your arms as to not fall on top of him.
Mammon was breathing somewhat heavily, his face a blushing mess.

"Wh-what did ya do that for?" He demanded loudly. You looked away, ashamed.
"I thought I could distract you a bit, since you don't seem to like tight spaces like this..." Mammon only now seemed to remember that he was still in a closet, and you felt him stiffen up underneath you again.

"Well, uh... it sorta worked?" Said he nervously. A few seconds passed.
"Can you do that again?" He asked quietly.
You swallowed nervously and pressed your lips against his once again, this time softer, the kiss full of warmth and unsaid words. His body immediately relaxed again, and he let out a sigh of relief, as though he just woke up from a particularly bad nightmare.

"Hah! Our plan worked!" Asmodeus' voice brought you back to reality with a start. You opened your eyes and saw that the closet door was open, the light from the room illuminating you on top of Mammon, kissing barely a moment ago.
The two of you sprang apart from each other, blushing madly as whoops and wolf-whistles echoed across the room.
​​​"It was just as a joke! There was no plan..." You said hurriedly, getting up and walking to your previous spot at the couch, trying to cover as much of your face as possible.

"Riiiiiight," said Asmo with his annoyingly smug voice. "And I'm not the prettiest demon in the Devildom~" As much as Asmo was your friend, you really wanted to punch him right now.
But you just stuck your tongue out at him and looked away. A figure plopped itself next to you, and you felt someone's hand slide over your own. You turned your head, surprised.
"I love ya," Mammon said quietly, squeezing your hand like you had previously done to his, not meeting your gaze.
You smiled in return, entwining your fingers with his, not caring anymore what Asmo was going to say.
"I love you too."