ˢᵃᵗᵃⁿ

Diavolo's birthday party. Who would want to miss it? It seemed as though every single demon in the Devildom was gathered here. Demons seemed to fill every corner of the room. Demons dancing, demons eating food from the buffet, demons talking and laughing loudly. Everyone was having a great time. But all good things eventually come to an end, and the rooms steadily emptied, until only Diavolo, Solomon, the demon brothers, angels, and you were present.

"Aghh that was tiring." said Belphegor with a yawn, landing heavily on the couch.
"Indeed. But it was fun too!" remarked Diavolo, smiling as he always did. You couldn't help but smile too. It ​​​​​​had been a fun evening.
"Would you look at the time. We should get going." Said Lucifer, standing up from the chair he was sitting in.
"Oh dear. It is quite late isn't it?" Said Diavolo, looking at the clock. "Maybe you should stay overnight and go tomorrow." He suggested.
​​​Lucifer looked skeptical, but judging by the demon brothers' and angels' tired expressions, they agreed with that plan.
"Fine, we'll stay here overnight, if it's no trouble." Diavolo beamed at those words. "Of course it's no trouble!" He paused, looking thoughtful. "I know! Why don't we play a game before bed?" He suggested, a mischievous grin playing across his lips.
"Ohhh what are we playing?" Asked Asmo, his curiosity stirred.
Diavolo's grin turned even wider. "Truth or Dare!" He announced. Lucifer groaned, but the rest of the crowd looked either exited or at least interested.
And so the game began.

Belphie and Beel were dared to tap dance together, whilst Diavolo was dared to play the saxophone to accompany them. Barbatos joined into the game later, and immediately regretted it when he was dared to put on a maid outfit by Asmo.
Before long, Satan's turn came.

"Dare," said he calmly. Asmodeus' face broke into a mischievous grin.
"Satan," Asmo started melodramatically. "I dare you to play seven Minutes in Heaven with Y/N!" Satan's eyes widened slightly, but he showed no other signs of being against the idea.

"Very well," he got up from his chair, set the book that he was previously reading down and stretched his arms. "Y/N, let's go."
"You seem really calm about this." You noticed, getting up and following him toward the closet.
"Why shouldn't I be?" He said, smiling and opening the door, letting you pass first. Wow, like a true gentleman. You thought to yourself with a smile. After a few moments he entered too, and the door closed with a soft click, telling you that it was being locked from the outside.
Satan leaned against the wall, looking extremely nonchalant as always, closing his eyes and humming a slow tune.

A few moments of perfectly comfortable silence passed. Only, a few very boring moments. You turned your head to look at Satan. He was still calmly leaning against the wall. A small bubble of curiosity rose inside of you. You had wanted to ask this question for a long time, but never managed to find a good moment.
"Satan...?" You asked tentatively.
"Hm?"
"How is it that you're the Avatar of Wrath... But always act so cool and collected? All of your brothers' Avatars display in their personalities, but you? It's kind of hard to believe that you're the embodiment of anger." In the gloom you saw Satan flinch away slightly. It was clear that it wasn't his favourite subject to talk about.

"Sorry," you quickly apologised. "I was being nosy."
Satan shook his head slightly. "It is only natural that you are curious," he said quietly. "It's just a bit of a touchy subject to me." The atmosphere immediately became tense in the cramped space.
"But, well, if you do want to know..." He continued.

"Oh, it's okay, if it makes you uncomfortable you don't have to-" But Satan was already approaching you, making you walk backwards in surprise until you bumped against a wall. You gulped as his face approached your ear, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

"I'm always angry," he confessed. "Every second of my existence is pure anger. For Lucifer, Father, the Devildom, any minor inconvenience. And all that fuss about being cool? It is all an act."

With a start you noticed that his hands had snuck up to yours, painfully grasping your wrists, his green-coloured nails digging into your skin. You clenched your teeth and tried to ignore it, noticing how your heartbeat had started to speed up.

"R-really? I'm sorry, I never knew..." Satan let out a quiet laugh, his grip on your wrists tightening.
"Of course you wouldn't. I'm quite good at acting. Not that I ever had to act around you, of course."
Your eyes widened in surprise. "How so?" You asked.

"When... When I'm around you, I do actually feel calm. It's like the raging storm inside of me finally subsides when I'm near you. I- I don't know why, but you make me feel so peaceful..."

Something wet fell onto your shoulder. Shocked, you realised he was crying; warm tears trickling down his face and dripping onto your neck, the small ray of yellow light that was coming in through a crack in the closet making them look like rivulets of molten gold sliding down his face.

He choked back a sob and continued speaking, as though trying to prove that he was still determined to tell you his secret until the end. "Whenever I see you with my brothers, I just want to snatch you away and never let go. Selfish of me, isn't it? But every moment of my existence is agony without you. I... I love you."

The surprise that had taken over you at Satan's sudden confession prevented you from saying anything. You simply stood there, a hundred words going through your head, but not managing to articulate any of them.

Everything that happened next happened extremely slowly, as though time had frozen just for the both of you. Slowly, you raised your hand and cupped his tear-stained cheek. Slowly, your face approached his. Slowly, the pressure on your wrists gradually subsided as the tenseness left Satan.
The kiss felt like you were waiting for it for a long time, and just didn't know it. Hot tears continued streaming down his face, staining your cheeks now, too, but somehow it didn't feel like they were tears of alarm and sadness anymore, but of immense love and longing. The kiss dragged on longer than it should have, both of you wanting to stretch out the moment before your lips would inevitably part.

Equally slowly you pulled back and rested your forehead against his.
"I'm sorry," you whispered, "for causing you so much pain by not being there. I won't leave you ever again." Satan sobbed once again and wrapped his hands around your waist, burrowing his face in your shoulder.
"I must look really pathetic now, right?" He said with a quiet laugh. You shook your head and carefully stroked his golden locks of hair. "Not at all. Never."

BANG!

A loud noise startled you, making you slightly jump on the spot.
"What's up?" Asked Mammon's muffled voice from the outside.
"It's locked!" Responded Asmo's, a bit closer to you. The handle rattled a bit more.
"From the inside...?" He added more uncertainly.
You could feel a mischievous energy radiating from the other side of the door. "Have fun, you two," he said quietly to you before his light footsteps sounded walking away from you.
"How-" You started, but Satan interrupted you.
"Just a simple door locking spell. I want to stay together like this a bit more. Let them have their fun, and we'll have ours."
​​​​​​You smiled warmly and continued stroking his hair, taking in the moment, now wishing that it could last forever.