ᴮᵃʳᵇᵃᵗᵒˢ

Diavolo's birthday party. Who would want to miss it? It seemed as though every single demon in the Devildom was gathered here. Demons seemed to fill every corner of the room. Demons dancing, demons eating food from the buffet, demons talking and laughing loudly. Everyone was having a great time. But all good things eventually come to an end, and the rooms steadily emptied, until only Diavolo, Solomon, the demon brothers, angels, and you were present.

"Aghh that was tiring." said Belphegor with a yawn, landing heavily on the couch.
"Indeed. But it was fun, too!" remarked Diavolo, smiling as he always did. You couldn't help but smile too. It had been a fun evening.

"Would you look at the time. We should get going." Said Lucifer, standing up from the chair he was sitting in.

"Oh dear. It is quite late isn't it?" Said Diavolo, looking at the clock. "Maybe you should stay overnight and go tomorrow." He suggested.
Lucifer looked skeptical, but judging by the demon brothers' and angels' tired expressions, they agreed with that plan.
"Fine, we'll stay here overnight, if it's no trouble." Diavolo beamed at those words. "Of course it's no trouble!" He paused, looking thoughtful.

"I know! Why don't we play a game before bed?" He suggested, a mischievous grin playing across his lips.
"Ohhh what are we playing?" Asked Asmo, his curiosity stirred.
Diavolo's grin turned even wider. "Truth or Dare!" He announced. Lucifer groaned, but the rest of the crowd looked either exited or at least interested.
And so the game began.

Barbatos was cautiously watching the whole game from a corner of the room, standing as still and regal as ever. But with some convincing from Diavolo and Asmo, he finally gave in and joined the group in the game.

"Oooh Barbatos... This is going to be an interesting one~" mused Asmo. After some thought, he spoke again. "Barbatos! I dare you to play Seven Minutes In Heaven with Y/N!" He finally declared.
Warmth crept to your cheeks at his words.

"If that's what I must do..." Said Barbatos, and elegantly strode to the closet, opening the door for you to pass first. With a gulp you entered the cramped space, and saw as the last ray of light from the outside was cut off as the doors closed. Barbatos gently closed his eyes at the moment that happened, as though he could finally relax from all the racket going on outside.

An uncertain amount of time passed. Deciding it was safe to loosen up a bit, your eyes wandered off towards Barbatos' direction. It was almost surreal how handsome he was: from his regal composure that you always admired, his soft dark green hair that you so desperately wanted to ruffle...
Your eyes locked on his lips.

For a wild moment you wondered what they felt and tasted like. Slightly scared by your own thoughts, you internally shook your head. What am I thinking? He's the royal butler, I'm in no position to be thinking about stuff like that...
And still...

Well, it wouldn't hurt to just look a bit more... Righ-

"You seem to be deeply interested in my lips." He spoke suddenly, breaking your trail of thought.

"Oh, um, well, I wouldn't say interested exactly..." You hurriedly said. A slight smile danced along the mouth that you were admiring not so long ago.

"You seemed to be staring quite intently at them... could it be," Barbatos opened his emerald eyes. "That you'd like a kiss?"
Your face instantly heated up from embarrassment.

"I- I'm not sure why you would make that assumption." You stuttered nervously. As though wanting to see how much more embarrassed you could get, Barbatos gently placed his hand on your chest.

"Your heartbeat sped up from the moment we entered this space. And it's not that you're scared, either," his hand snuck up to cup your face, spreading warmth to your cheek and making your breath hitch in your throat from the ardour that was steadily building up in you.