VII

>>Prakash Pharmaceutical Corporation, Mandaluyong City, Philippines

            "Aia," Mrs.P calls at intercom, I press the button and tell her that I'm coming. Being in here in one year and eight months it really amazing, my boss is a widowed Filipina. Her Indian husband is the one who established this company and she inherited it. She was a chemist that works for him before, and by those years she said they always argue on the things they shouldn't.   Maybe that is called attraction for them, then when she decided to submit her irrevocable resignation to him, he don't open it just threw it on the shredder and kiss her abruptly. And confessed that he loves her. And those tale ends after having 4 children, her husband diagnosed having a stage 4 brain cancer. It crushes her, and almost lost everything when he died after 2 years of medication. But when she saw her children struggling, she put back her feet and manage the company and make it more productive.  She even venture on other businesses and have a company over Asia. Being her secretary is hard at first but I have also assistants that can pass some loads. I am her personal secretary and a friend I guess. I knock on her door and let myself in.

         "There you are child, come." I walk towards her office table and take the front seat of her."Aia, how long are you been here?" Nervously about her question, I gulp,"1 year and 8 months,Mr,
.P" I tell her still nervous.

          "Willing to go somewhere?"she sheepishly smile

           "Are you gonna fire me, ma'am?" I asked.

           She chuckles and shake her head,"No! How can you think of that?"she looks at me, "anyway, I want you to go in India, New Delhi to be exact, I want you to have a meeting and things that we need to workout for our company there, don't say no, I won't buy it. You're the only one can do this. My sons are still studying I can't put this on them."she explains.

           "When do I need to leave, Mrs. P?" Even my mind is clouding you still accept it. India is big, there's a tiny chance to bump to one of them. And if I keep myself to work and home it will be more tiny chance.

            "Next week, I'll buy you a ticket and the house or pad you gonna stay, and of course the supplies." I just nod. "My dear, I know you are afraid going back there, but let me tell you it is good to overcome that before it will ruin your life even in memories." She stand up and round towards me, she gives me a warm tight hug, "I see you as a daughter thatI never had, so I want you to be strong for yourself and if they see you, call me and I'll be there to punch them." I chuckled at her statement.

             I go back to my work and I plan to talk to my parents tonight so I texted my mom that I'll drop by for dinner. And she says that is good idea. I received files from New Delhi, they are starting to contact me and have a connection  before I go there. Some of the files that I need to know and the status of the company there were sent to me. I copy it on my hard drive and shut my laptop. I go back to Mrs. P to clarify what I'll gonna do  there.

          "Ma'am,  can I have a moment?" I politely asked her, she motion for the sofa as she stand to her seat and move towards the sofa.

           "What is it, my dear?"

           "I want to know, what is exactly I need to do there? So I can explain to my parents properly."

           "First, you need to rest there maybe a week while you're studying the files in your own place. And then manage the company, don't worry there is someone who will be your assistant there a personal assistant.  And yes, I know him very well. He just can't manage it properly, that's why I'm sending you."I look at her with worried in my eyes, "don't look at me like I am sending you to hell, he asked for it, cause he knows he is lacking." She explains.

            After clarifications I told her that I'll go home, and tell my parents about this, she kisses my cheek and wishes me good luck.

          As the sun goes down to horizon, I am almost at home. I ride the train so I won't deal with the traffic. So in no time I arrived home, my dad hugs me and told me that I should come home more often. I just grin on him, like a stubborn me will do that. As the dinner goes I told them that the company is sending me to India. My dad is supportive, this is a big step for me and he thinks it's good. But, mom doesn't approve it, she is afraid that I will go through madness again. In the end she agrees but make me swear that I'll be more careful this time. I just agree to her, I felt more  guilty cause I didn't told them what happened almost 3 years ago. I just tell them that I got impregnated by one night stand that I don't even know the name.