Bad Cop

Dylan Pierce and Kassandra Banks

The office paint was pale grey , with white linings are the top.The old cops sat back drinking coffee and carrying on conversations about recents crimes and retirement benefits.

"Young man, you've gone through years of study to be here. Only reason I'm here cause the black people wanted their own kind defending them. I'm scared of the police myself and I'm a sheriff." Dylan thought that the officers were hysterical about their job and he didn't want to be affiliated with any of them. He planned on moving to a bigger city so he could at least bring back a larger income.

"I love both side of my family..No matter how my mom's granddad hates my dad and his family.. My job isn't about race, its about authority and safety. You old men no nothing about life, you just take it ." His hair curled like his pursed lips and his fist bawled up for the twentieth time tonight. He was frustrated in more ways a man should be and he just wanted to feel free again.

" You know what... I'm taking off, Joe sent the check early.. I don't know if they'll be time for me here."

"Dylan you don't have to be a punk, in just five years these jokers night be retired or dead of old age"

"When my dad died, you promised me .. Just an 8 year old boy that I would get to do the greatest things here." Joe couldn't speak.

"What the hell is this! This was HIS dream, not mine. I wanted to be something better not a rat like you, David, John and My dad's coffin " With that Dylan slammed the door hard enough to break the building and found a new hang out spot .

***************

"Kass. I'm going on break, come serve this officer" I walked out not wanting to be here in the first place.

" Why so you