Chapter 5: Eye Contact

Genesis Cardínal , Michael Keith.

*At neighborhood Basketball court *

"LETS GO BLUE .RUN THAT COURT... AYE REF HOW YOU CALL THE WALK  ! Awh man!!" I walked in to the complaints of men in the gym. One of the coaches felt like he was coaching a  NBA team, but it was just the 15+ boys Championship.

When the team stopped for halftime intermission , that coach seemed to be the most laid back guy. He grabbed a basketball for himself and shot straight net a couple of times in a row. 

Genesis wore her GSU shirt and some shorts with a long grey limo and Jordan's to pair the fit. She mothered a natural lightened coconut shell color with almond shaped eyes and perfectly lines eyebrows . her hair was up in a ponytail and she wore diamond studs ..nothing special just comfortable.

Coach Michael Keith wore his bkue coach Keith shirt with blue cargo shorts and blue air force ones. If he was on the streets he would look like the crip master but the streets was a story of the past. He wore a Thunder Blue hat and golden shades ,his hair was cut fresh and his goatee lined symmetrical to his  skinny diamond shaped face.

He seen Genesis walk in front of him then onto the bleachers. He seized her toned legs and coke bottle body she scooter her way to what seemed to be her family. She gave all of her attention to her phone after she set her keys and drink by her foot .

Michael stood there staring before his name was called by his nephew Cortez.

"Unc, Ms.Barbara wants to know if you would go out to dinner with her tonight." 

" Yeah yeah sure" He answered without thinking. He hated the lady, but he'd rather not waste his time to find out who the girl with the vale was.

Genesis looked up from her phone and felt pressure around her when all she'd seen was A grown man staring her down. A college student,but she still looked like a 15 year old .

" Tez , come here."  Michael ordered his nephew to his side.

" I'm not gonna point, but you see the young lady behind me with the Georgia shirt and a black cape thing... Don't let her leave this gym ."

"But I can't just block her from a public place."

"And, so what. Come on , I'll let you drive my car to school for the rest of the week."

"Damn Unc, but okay I'll try." Cortex shook his head vigoursly before bouncing the basketball across the court again.

For the next two quarters the stands cheered , screamed, jumped down and hollered  back and forth with the opposing team.

Genes' was one that walked on the sides to view the game standing. Michael looked at her occasionally and seemed quieter for the second half.

****** Genesis Pov******

I cheered for my nephew who was playing for the Thunders . He begged me to come to his last game and not saying I regret coming to the game, but I just feel watched. Every time I look away from Kenton playing his coaches eyes find there way aligned with mine.

I want to get Kenty some Gatorade from the vending machine and a light snack . it wouldn't take me long and there was still 20 minutes to the game. I turned to the door and was stopped by a tall yet very young man.

"Excuse me ma am , you can go out there." That didnt sound right because a man just walked out of the other door next to me.

"And why not?" He rubbed his neck and shifted his weight on one foot.